Time of Death

Sams POV

Felicity and I were watching Dig, Sara, and Oliver fight with... bow staffs? I think. When Dig hit Sara in the face, hard.

"Dig!" Lic and I exclaim, jumping.

"Sara, I'm so sorry." He apologizes.

"It's okay, I'm fine." She brushes him off as the three of them walk to get their water.

"Let me see," Oliver tells her checking her face. "She's bleeding but it's not deep."

"Good, I can't take any more scars." She jokes. "Speaking of... mortar round?" She gestures to a scar Dig has.

"Yeah, IED, the Paktika Province in Afghanistan." He explains. "Good eye."

"I know my wounds." She states before pointing to her own scars. "Grenade. Algiers."

"I've never been hit by a grenade." Oliver comments. I glance at Lic and I can tell she's feeling a tad left out, so I give her arm a squeeze and a comforting smile.

"All those scars, you've never been hit by a grenade?" Dig questions.

"Arrow, knife, knife." Oliver points to his own scars. "A lot of bullets, no grenades."

"I've got myself a new bullet. Nine millimeter, right there." Dig points to a scar on his shoulder.

".38. Mostly swards and a spear." Sara states.

"I have a scar." Lic cuts in gesturing to her mouth. "It's in my mouth. I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 16. Three stitches. They were really badly impacted."

"You're still cute," Sara says giving her a smile as Dig, Oliver, and I smile too. "What about you Sam? Any scars?"

"Uh... well I have one on my leg from where I was stabbed with a knife as a kid," I state gesturing to my leg before pointing to my neck. "And one from when Huntress was going to slice my throat, but I normally cover that with makeup to the best of my ability."

"You were stabbed in the leg?" Oliver questions, looking mildly concerned.

"Yeah... that was a fun walk home from school," I explain.

"We should get going," Oliver says turning to Sara. "You shouldn't be late for your own welcome home party."

"You didn't have to throw me a party, Ollie," Sara tells him as he walks away.

"Sara, when you come back from the dead, you get a party. It's a Queen family tradition."

"I don't know how well that's gonna work with the Lance family tradition of holding grudges forever."

I realize this is a private conversation so I turn to talk with Dig and Lic. I glance over at Oliver and Sara, however, to make sure everything is okay, only to see them kiss causing me to look down and back at Dig and Lic who are both giving me knowing looks.

"What?" I question confused.

"Nothing." They both mumble shaking their heads and going back to our previous conversation.

Later, I was getting ready at Lic and our's apartment for Sara's welcome back party.

"Sam... if you don't want to go you shouldn't" Lic is telling me as I put on the jewelry she lent me.

"I know I know but I told Thea I would be there and this means a lot to her," I explain to her. "Look I'm already late and I have to stop by my dad's house to grab a necklace, so I should get going. I'll see you later and call me if you need me!"

I was rushing to get to my dad's when I passed an alleyway with a man who seemed to be struggling to drag something.

In hindsight, if it's night and you see a man dragging something, don't do what I'm about to do.