An Innocent Man

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

The same night...

Oliver had just gotten home after saving Dig, when Laurel approached him, "Where were you?" she asks.

"What are you doing here?" he deflects.

"I heard about the shooting, and I wanted to make sure you were okay." She responds.

"You did?" Oliver questions.

"Yeah. I knocked on the door, and I found a family terrified for you, and a girl who isn't even family trying to comfort them. They had no idea where you were. Oliver are you so self-centered that you don't think that people who care about you are gonna wonder where you are after you all got shot at?" Laurel asks.

"You're right." Oliver says.

"I made peace with your selfishness a long time ago, but Moira, Thea, Walter, and Sam they don't deserve that. They deserve better, especially Sam." Laurel says recalling when she first met Sam. "Someone who doesn't care only about himself."

"Laurel. Thank you for coming." Oliver thanks.

"I care about the lives of other people, Oliver. Maybe you should try it sometime." Laurel responds before walking out.

"That was harsh." Thea says when he turns to the stairs. "You okay?" she asks as he nods.

"Sure." He says. "Second time tonight that a friend of mine has taken me to the woodshed. It kind of tires you out."

"Yeah." Thea says softly.

"What happened to her?" Oliver asks pointing at Sam who had fallen asleep on the stairs.

"Oh, she told all of us to go to bed and offered to stay up and wait for you. She must have fallen asleep she looked really tired. I don't have the heart to wake her up, but I can't move her so..." Thea responds.

"I got it." Oliver says moving to pick Sam up.

"Thank you." Thea says as they walk up the stairs. "You can just put her in my bed."

"Okay." He does as said before saying goodnight to Thea and heading to his room.

Later that night, Sam woke up and changed before trying to go back to sleep but couldn't, when Thea walked in to check on her and asked her if she wanted to watch the TV with her.

So, that's how they found themselves watching TV when Oliver came down, "Couldn't sleep either?" Thea asks as he came in and took a seat beside Sam.

"No." Oliver responds. "What are you two watching?"

"Peter Declan." Sam responds tiredly.

"Hm?" Oliver questions.

"The guy who killed his wife." Thea explains. Oliver still looks clueless.