Salvation

Sams POV

Felicity and I were sitting at our computers, Dig stood behind us, and Oliver worked out above us as we watched the news, "Lawyers for John Nickels spoke to the press today." The news person said. "They say they're pleased the DA declined to indict their client on charges stemming from the recent fires," I glance up at Oliver. "in one of Nickel's buildings."

"John Nickel is one of the wealthiest real estate developers in Starling City." Oliver tells us as he does pull ups. "He's also one the dirtiest. That building that burnt down last night? Wiring was not up to code."

"Maybe he didn't know that." I offer an optimistic side.

"I guess he also didn't know about the seven people who have frozen to death in his other buildings over the past three years." Oliver says letting go of one arm to look at me.

"Yeah, he's a real man of the people." Dig says sarcastically.

Oliver jumps down before turning to us as he says, "Not for long. The DA ignores this, and the police can't do anything because all these slums are in the Glades." He picks up the notebook off the table next to me. "So tonight, Sam, we cross Mr. Nickel's name off the list." He hands me the notebook. "You okay with that?"

We then hear the news again making us turn to it, "The scene outside of the courtroom where Nickel was released this afternoon was not surprisingly tense."

"One hundred percent." I say as Felicity and I glance at each other.

"You sure you're up for this?" She asks me after Dig and Oliver walk away.

"Yeah." I say but she still looks at me unconvinced. "I'm good Lic."

We were in the Arrowcave after Oliver attempted to talk to Nickel, only to find his home empty. "What? He was just gone?" Felicity asks.

"No!" Oliver says. "Not gone. Taken."

"Looks like Nickel was on somebody else's list too." Dig comments.

"After the fire last night, it's not entirely surprising." I say.

"Sam, Felicity, I need you two to get me everything that you can on Nickel." Oliver tells us. "Focus on his tenants, and anyone who might have filed a formal complaint against him or... people that lost something in the fire."

"Well, it's going to be some list, I mean, slum lords, aren't generally known for their popularity, plus..." I trail off.

"What?" Oliver asks.

"Nothing, its just... you went over there to be all 'Grrr, stop being bad, or I'll arrow you' and now you want to rescue him."

"I don't like the idea that somebody dangerous is out there."

"Like Helena?"

He sighs, "Somebody else. Because typically..." He walks over to where I had been sitting. "...they don't show my level of restraint."

"So, you're going to cross Nickel off anyway?" Dig asks.

"No. I'm finding somebody else who needs a talking to." Oliver says walking over to the notebook.

"Wait. Wait. You're going out there again, Oliver?" Dig asks walking over to him. "Why don't you go home and be with your family, man?"

"That's when the work is done, Diggle."

"Okay, then I'll take you out to dinner."

"I'm not hungry."

"I'm not asking."