19. ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟɪɢʜᴛ

"The plan had worked! Both Daedalus and Icarus found themselves flying high above the waters—and traveling further and further from the tower that once held them captive.
Daedalus—sticking to his plan—was careful to carve his path not too close to the sun or the sea."

(Third Person POV)
-
Hotel, Room 407
-

DJ was already awake when Alan sat up from bed. He had actually slept well last night because of his own assurance in his plan, barely anything had interrupted his sleep. Stretching, he looked over at DJ.

"Wow, you're awake before me today."

"Yep, and I've got something to show you once I get something to eat." He shut the laptop on his lap and got up from bed.

"Oh, really? What is it?"

"Hmm.. surprise."

"Come on, tell me!"

"After breakfast. I'm going down again today."

He grabbed his laptop and carried it under his arm. Alan thought for a moment before getting up himself.

"Mind if I.. uh.. tag along this time..?"

"Wow, really? I thought breakfast wasn't for you." He teased, grabbing clothes and starting toward the restroom to change.

"Well, I suppose it's a luxury for me on good days. And, honestly, I'm way better today than I was yesterday. Despite all the.." Alan rubbed his eye before brushing off the topic. "Well, I'm in a good mood today." He smiled.

"I can see that." He had to return it. It was nice to see him genuinely happy again, but the reason for his joy still scared him.

"Well, go ahead down. I'll be there in a second. Just gotta check on some stuff first."

...

As soon as DJ got down to the first floor and got a small plate of food for himself, he sat in a booth and slyly opened his laptop again. Second and Victim spent the night. The good thing was that they were already awake. They already had opened MS Paint.

"Hey, you two." DJ whispered.

"Morning." Second looked out.

Victim was sat on the ground. "Are you sure MS Paint will work? It's not that good.."

"It's our best bet, and the only paint program this computer has, so it will have to do."

"Right." DJ looked up to make sure Alan hadn't already come down, then back to the screen. "Listen, breakfast won't take long, so you two will need to hurry, but don't make it look bad. Don't leave out details. Make sure Second is off to the side when I open the laptop again, because when I do, he'll be examining you thoroughly. Second, you have to assist when he wants proof."

They both nodded. DJ looked back up. Alan was making his way over. Quickly, he closed his laptop and sat it beside him. Alan sat across with his own plate.

"I'm assuming from how quickly you closed that computer that the surprise is something to do with that?"

"Hmph, mayybbee.."