13. ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

(Third Person POV)
-
The Resistance's Hideout
-

As it neared night, the rest of the Resistance woke up, surprised to see their other selves there. The five had to explain the situation to them and why Other Second had to call them over. Of course they were concerned with everything that happened. At that point, Other Second had woken up and was fully healed. All of them were relieved.

"Glad that we could help!" Second smiled as the portal opened again.

"I'm grateful that you could as well. Thank you all for volunteering." Other Second nodded.

"Sure! If you ever need us for anything else, just give us a call. Bye guys!"

With that, everyone said their goodbyes as the five returned to their computer.

...

"What a nice group." Victim smiled.

"Yeah, though we should get back on topic. Did you get any hint on what they're doing with Blue?" Green looked over to Second.

"No, but I got to experience how bad tier 15 hurts first-hand. It was embarrassing that my other self had to take my place on the field.."

"THAT'S what that was?! They told us what kinda scar you got, 15 is that bad?!" Red felt himself panic.

"Yes, that's what happened, but with the leg that Yellow, me.. other me brought here and dissected, I can upgrade our armor. That skeleton will come into good use. Reinforcing our armor with just that will get us back on track, and with how huge that leg was, we'll have more than enough." Yellow looked over to Victim. "All our armor is downstairs, you think you could help out with upgrading it, Vic?"

"'Course I can."

They all started to walk off to plan and work until something made a loud THUD against the door. Everyone looked over.

"Ok, I immediately don't trust that." Green crossed his arms.

"You guys think it's another trap?" Red put up his fists.

"Let me look through the peephole." Yellow walked up and looked through the door, immediately confused. "Ehh.."

"What is it?" Second came up besides Yellow.

"..why is there a tier 3 just sitting at our doorstep?"

"Huh? Open the door, let me see."

Once Yellow backed up, Second opened the door. Almost immediately, the spider creature dashed inside and right towards Victim. Everyone started to leap at it as it stopped at Victim's feet, to which Victim yelled.

"Guys, stop! Back up!"

They paused. Victim knelt down and let the virus climb onto his shoulder. It had _nala's symbol on it, so it was clearly his, but it didn't seem aggressive. Instead, it handed him a letter. Taking it, he gently pet the virus. It chittered happily and snuggled into his neck. Everyone else looked on in shock (and slight amazement) as Victim continued to pet his little friend before opening the note and looking over it. Rereading it a few times, the message seemed to finally click.

"..I knew it! He wasn't as bad as he seemed.."

"What does it say?" Second slowly approached.

"To meet Chosen at the cliffside tomorrow. Though, it doesn't seem like it because the message is hidden. He probably wrote it this way because he needed to hide it from _nala! We can set him free!" 

"So you mean he's forced to work for _nala?"

"From what I've seen and studied. That has to be it, it really does!" Victim smiled and held the letter close. "This little critter won't attack me because it was sent by him, isn't that right you sweet little cuddlebug?" He pet the spider again, it let out a higher pitched, happy chirp and nuzzled his cheek. "I need to send a response. Let me find a pen and paper."

Victim walked off and found what he needed. Quickly returning, he started writing a response.

"Been a while, huh? I'm glad you reached out. Of course I'll come to meet you! Just be a little patient, I may need a few minutes to get ready. Excited to see you there!"

Folding it up, he tapped the bug on his shoulder.

"Bring this back to your owner for me, will you?"

It chittered in a positive response, hopped off his shoulder, and joyfully bound out of the door and started traveling back to where it came from. Victim shut the door behind it.

"Now, about that armor?"