14. ᴄᴏɴꜰʀᴏɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

(Third Person POV)
-
Forest, Barren Cliffside
-

The sun had started to set. Chosen had read the letter Victim had sent back over and over again. His heart beat as he flew. _nala and him couldn't stop talking about it the entire night, and that day. Of course _nala had an escape plan for the both of them, and a backup plan if something happened.

Chosen landed. If it really was him, what would he say? It had been at least 10 years since they had last spoken. The last time he saw Victim was when he had packed his things and ran away. Chosen was still irritated that he did, but once he came back, maybe he'd get over it.

He waited, and slowly, someone came out from behind the trees. It was him. Victim was alive with a smile on his face. Chosen clenched his fists and ran to him, hugging him immediately. Of course, he hugged back.

"You're back! You're back! It really is you! Where have you been? What happened? Are you ok? Are you hurt?" Chosen exclaimed happily with tears in his eyes.

"I'm okay, I'm okay.. I'm happy you're here too. I missed you so much." As much as he hated to, Victim cried as well.

They didn't let go for quite a while, but as soon as they did, they were both smiling. They started to talk about what had been going on the past few years, old yet good memories, and so much more. Chosen looked at Victim's new equipment.

"Wow, you're a lot different."

"Yeah! I made these wings for myself, aren't they cool?"

"For sure. I'm sure Alan.. or Nal as I call him now, would absolutely love them! It'd be so nice to have you back home, Vic. Nal really wants to see you, and I'm excited to take you back."

"Eugh.." Victim cringed a little. "I'm sure he would, but uh.. you can drop the act now, right? He doesn't have a tracker on you or anything, does he? I'll remove it if you do."

"Um.. what? No..? And.. what act?"

"See, Chosen, I know you don't want to help _nala. I know you're a better stick than that. That's why, once you figured out I was here, I asked the Resistance for help to get you here!"

The four stepped out from behind the trees..

"See? You don't have to work for him, I know he probably forced you to, so come with us!" Victim held his arms out wide with a smile.

Chosen took a step back. He stood in shock, anger, and disbelief. The smile faded from his face. 'Why?' He thought. One of his oldest friends had sided against him. The worst part? _nala was hearing all of this. Every word. He stuttered with his breath, clutching the pin on his vest with the mic attached under it.

'No.. that.. I.. why? He.. is this betrayal? Did he leave us..? He wasn't forced, he joined them of his own free will..'

"Chosen, you alright?"

"..."

"It's okay, Cho, just come with us, you'll be saf-"

"Shut up."

"What?"

"I said, shut up."