10. ʙᴀᴄᴋ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

(Third Person POV)
-
The Resistance's Hideout
-

Other Second leaned on Green, supporting him with the injury which was only half way healed. Yellow held the door as they all walked in, then closed it behind all of them. When they entered, Blue was sitting back, but immediately jumped up when he saw Other Second. Thankfully, it appeared that nothing had happened in their absence.

"Oh my god!" Blue rushed over. "You shouldn't be on your feet!"

Other Second felt his torn torso. It hurt and stung like hell, and yet, he didn't let it show besides his stumbling.

"Green, pick him up and bring him to his room. He needs immediate attention."

"I-I can walk.. y'know.."

"You can, but that doesn't mean you should."

Green swooped him up with a slight stumble.

"Jeez, you're heavier than our Second.."

Other Second couldn't find any words as they carried him into bed. As he was laid down, he immediately felt tired. More tired than normal. Early to wake, late to sleep, that's how it always was, and it always made him tired, but he was used to that by now. Recently, it started to take more of a toll on him than usual. He zoned out, not even noticing Blue was trying to talk to him.

Stress was tough, especially on Other Second, and hiding it all was tougher. Relaxing felt impossible. His emotions always tugged in one way or another. The daunting war had certainly left a heavy mark, physical and mental. Planning, fighting, spying, it was up to him. Yes, the others helped, but he was the leader, and he worked as hard as they did, possibly twice as hard. He took it all on his back, and somehow had not broke under the pressure, but he definitely had cracked, and it hurt.

He was not an easy stick to gain the definite trust of. Only a few had been able to sneak their way into his feelings. All his friends, of course. He'd been with them from the start, they were the ones who helped him to get the city to revolt against _nala's attacks. And of course, he did care about _nala once before, as much as he wanted to forget. Other Second could never forget his early life. _nala had treated him with such care. Taught him how to draw, played games with him, fed him and helped with training. Though, Other Second was always curious about his training and testing, he didn't know at the time that _nala was going to use him for destruction. One time, after some uncomfortable testing, he asked his animator.

"Hey, Nal?"

"Yes, Second, what is it?"

"Why do we have to do testing? It isn't that fun.. and sometimes it really, really hurts.."

"Well, we're going to make you a hero."

"Really? A hero? Like the superheroes we see in comics?!"

"Exactly! We're going to bring justice to the world! There are lots of bad people and sticks out there, and we're going to fix it. You have incredible strength, Second. You are truly phenomenal."

"Do you mean it?"

"Oh of course I do! I think you can save the world, that's why I'm bringing you up like this. And when you're a few years older, you'll understand, ok?"