seventeen

"Come on your Majesty, be smart." Dooku said slowly dragging his saber across Y/n's back, as she let out a piercing scream.

Y/n squirmed and writhed, trying to move away from the saber. The pain was unbearable, and tears streamed down her face. Y/n was beyond exhausted, and everything hurt.

"Fuck you, Dooku." Y/n managed to grit out, glaring at the older man in front of her.

Dooku sighed irritably and press the tip of his saber to Y/n's shoulder, she could feel the head of the blade. And then the pain. Dooku dug the blade of his saber into Y/n's shoulder, and she screamed in agony.

"I was hoping you'd be smarter than your parents." Dooku said  pushing the blade in more, and more "They screamed in agony, much like you." He taunted.

Y/n shot up from her bed, gasping for air. She quickly looked back and forth, her heart racing in a fiery panic. It took Y/n a moment before she realized where she was, she was home, she was safe. Managing to calm her breathing, and her heart Y/n let out a heavy sigh.

Climbing out of bed Y/n grabbed her robe, and wrapped it tightly around herself. There was no way she'd be able to fall back asleep, not after that nightmare/memory. Y/n left her room, and began walking down the dark empty hall. The palace was cold and had a chill to it, especially in the hall.

Y/n used to have nightmares constantly, only after the death of hrr parents though. And whenever she did have nightmares, Noah would always be there for her. Being alone was the worst thing after a nightmare.

Y/n desperately needed to think, needed to get the nightmare off her mind. So the first place she would go to, would be the gardens. One of Y/ n's favorite spots.

☁︎

Y/n sat in the garden, just in one of the paths. She was staring at some flowers, she couldn't remember the name of, just engulfed in her own head. Quietly Y/n hummed to herself, a song her mother used to sing to her. In a way it comforted Y/n, but only to a certain extent.

"Y/n?"

The young queen flinched at the voice, and she looked back slightly panicked. But her panic quickly disappeared when Y/n realized it was Anakin, she gave a soft smile "Hey." She said in almost a whisper.

"What are you doing awake?" Anakin asked walking over to her, and sitting down beside her "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Y/n mumbled look back at the flowers in front of her.

Anakin frowned slightly "Why are you awake?" He asked in a more gentle tone.

Y/n looked over at him shyly "You can't make fun of me, okay?" She said in an almost pleading voice.

"Why would I make fun of you?" Anakin asked tilting his head slightly.

Y/n shrugged "I don't know." She mumbled,  "I had a nightmare."

"What was it about?" Anakin asked curiously "Was it about Dooku?"

"Yes." Y/n mumbled with a small nod, her hands now resting in her lap as she began fidgeting with her fingers.

Anakin boldly reached over and grabbed one of her hands, lacing their fingers together "You're safe now." He said gently.

Y/n squeezed his hand and looked over at him "I know." She said "How come you're awake?" She asked. She was grateful he was here.