•••31•••

Join Or Die (13,1)

Somewhere along the trip it began to rain, Tyra focusing on the pit patter that fell against the roof of the rover rather than the putrid smell coming from Loukas' consistent belches or her swishing stomach that wanted to return the gracious gift of Bellamy's protein bar from back at Arkaida.

"It's been an hour since we passed the airplane wreckage. Seeing as we're using a map without any distances, it could be days before we reach Luna's village."

"At least we know we're going the right direction." Bellamy confirmed at Jasper over his shoulder, not taking his eyes off the road as he kept swinging the rover around the various amounts of different foliage and trees in the way.

"I not last days in death trap." Tyra nodded along to Loukas' words, holding her stomach as if it'd help to calm the vile rising up her throat.

"He's right, we won't last days in this rover, if we don't reach Luna soon we probably might keel over and die." Jasper nodded in agreement, also getting tired of being cooped up in the rover with the smell of Loukas' last digested meal.

"We're running out of daylight. We should stop in the sun, recharge the battery."

"What sun? We keep going until it dies."

"We keep going until we get to Luna." Octavia contradicted Clarke, looking between the windows at the back and the windshield at the front in hopes of finding something that seemed even remotely familiar.

To Tyra, she believed Octavia had some ulterior motive for finding Luna that didn't only involve stopping A.L.I.E, though that would be a big advantage. If Tyra guessed, she'd say Octavia was planning to seek refuge with Luna, far from the wars of the world.

Tyra would've done the same a long time ago, but she was born and bred to fight, she knew nothing of a life without war.

"This her?" Jasper held up a portrait in Octavia and Tyra's direction.

Luna looked the exact same as when she had left the conclave, the permanent haunted look on her face and bushy hair that resembled Tyra's. In fact, if Luna had been the one to grow up as Tyra's sister rather than Lexa, no one would've batted an eye because of how similar they looked.

Though again, it was only a drawing. Tyra couldn't be certain how accurate Lincoln's representations were when in charcoal and paper.

"Yes." Jasper was about to retract the book by to his side, but Tyra set his arm back into its previous position with the journal. Her fingers tracing the edges of Luna's drawing.

"She looks just the same."

"You knew Luna?" Tyra nodded, finally freeing Jasper's arm, so he could keep flipping between the pages.

"A long time ago." Clarke turned in her seat at the front to face the conversation in the back, watching Tyra's reaction carefully as she thought back to the last time she had seen Luna.

"How old were you when you last saw her?" Tyra shrugged, blinking rapidly while she tried to stifle a groan from the terrible stomachache she was beginning to get from the constant movement of the rover.

"Fifteen." Clarke sighed, she had expected a much sooner time since they had last seen each other.

"About seven years ago, great."

"What do you think she's gonna say when we show up asking to put an A.I. In her head?"

"Lincoln said she helps those that are in trouble. She'll help us, too." Before the conversation could continue between Jasper's non-stop questions, the rover suddenly jerked forward, nearly sending Tyra flying if it were not for Octavia catching her.