•••7•••

Wanheda Part Two (2,3)

Tyra could hear the number of warriors only a couple of meters outside the cave they had chosen to hide at. Only her mind was elsewhere with worry for where exactly those warriors were heading, unlike when the last few wars were brewing, Tyra had not dropped everything to be by Lexa's side and be at the front of the battle, not watching as all the soldiers who were trying to take her out walked right past her.

"We're losing her." Bellamy was just as restless as Tyra, constantly pacing by her side while looking outside the cave, still trying to look for Clarke even though if he left their safe haven, he'd probably be killed.

"Relax. Save your energy."

"Kane's right, son. The army will move soon. You'll need your strength for what comes next."  Bellamy sighed, dropping onto the same rock Tyra was sat at sharpening her knives to distract herself.

Once he was fully sat Tyra bumped her knee with his, gaining Bellamy's attention. "Clarke will be fine."

Bellamy didn't say anything else, only shooting Tyra a strained smile before looking down toward his shoes, wringing his hands anxiously. A habit Tyra had come to notice he did when stressed or thoughtful about some situation.

"I need to know what happened." Monty suddenly interrupted from deeper inside the cave, him having crouched down right by his mother.

"Monty...please," He didn't budge, but his mother, Hannah, did.

"We landed in the snow. Your father said it absorbed some of the impact. That's why we survived. The snow looked so beautiful, it... Charles?" Hannah tried talking more, but even Pike's name came out strangled, the death obviously too recent for her to keep talking, but Pike was more than eager to take over.

"The children were playing in it. They were the first to die... fifteen of them. If not for your father, would've been more. He pulled four kids back into the ship, all four alive today. They got him when he went back for the fifth. Your father died a hero, Monty. We've been fighting Grounders ever since."

By the ending of the story of Monty's father's demise, most heads where hung. Monty and Hannah with freshly tear strained cheeks from hearing about him once again. Tyra understood their pain, even if hers had dimmed throughout the years, though it still made constant reappearances at the mention of their names.

"That was the Ice Nation. Not all Grounders are the same."

"They are to me." Pike sneered while he specifically glared at the two Trikru warriors by the edge of the cave, their cold faces for the first time doing nothing to scare Pike off

"How would your people have reacted had they seen a burning unknown mass falling from the sky? It burning our homes, food sources, family members..."

Tyra still remembered arriving at the village that had been burnt by the flares sent to alert the Ark above. The carnage, the smell of burnt flesh, parents crying over their child's burnt bodies at their feet.

"You killed fifteen children!" Pike suddenly roared at Tyra, clenching his hand around his gun while he approached her by the rock at the entrance, his finger twitching by the trigger at the ready to shoot her.

Only Loukas stood up, covering half of Tyra's body with his own while he held the hilt of his sword above his head, a much less subtle threat to Pike whether he chose to act on his murderous intents. But Tyra pushed his arm down, stepping up to Pike herself with no protection with her signature defiant look.

"That was Azgeda who you are looking to blame. You cannot condemn an entire civilization for the crimes of one clan." With those final words hanging in the air, Tyra sat back down next to Bellamy who unsurprisingly, also had been at the ready to shoot.