chapter forty

PARIS, FRANCE
few weeks later

"noelle!" i heard his voice as i walked into the locker room, hanging my head as i sat down on the bench. i heard the door open and close as he sat down beside me.

he kissed my shoulder sweetly and i leant into his chest. "shh.." he whispered as he stroked my hair, sobbing silently into his chest. "it's okay.."

"this is so stupid. i'm stupid." i choked out as he kissed my head, tapping my chin as he pulled my face to to his. his thumbs gently grazed my cheeks wiping away the tears.

"it's not stupid noelle. it's frustrating, i know.. it takes time. you've got to be patient." i chuckled softly and smiled at him. "i know, it's ironic coming from me. but trust me noelle, just take your time."

i sighed and pecked his lips, "i know. i know. i just.. i never thought i'd be back here again. being able to do this again.. and i can't even pass a ball through on target." i took a deep breath and he held my hand.

"want to go home? or do you want to go back out there? or do you want to go throw balls at ramos until he's mad and we have to run away..?"

i chuckled and rolled my eyes, "who are you throwing balls at ramos with? the man is a senior citizen baby." he laughed out and nodded.

"you're mean. and hakimi." he stood up as i held onto his hands. "choice?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around my shoulder, wiping the remaining tears from my cheeks. "você é linda."
(you're beautiful.)

"no. you." i took a deep breath as we walked out of the locker room and back into the practise. neymar kissed my head, giving me a small wink before running off with the rest of his teammates to the other side of the pitch.

"bradley!" i looked over at gérard who ushered me over. i jogged over and pulled my hair back into a tighter ponytail. "you okay? i know it's frustrating, but just one step at a time huh?" he placed his hands on his hips and i nodded.

"yeah, i got in my head.. now i'm out. one foot in front of the other right?" he chuckled and tilted his head. he pointed back over to the group, and i made my way over.

the girls smiled at me and gave me high-fives, i laughed as we started the training again. i was mostly just observing and being the ball-girl, but i was beyond thankful to be here.

it had been a rough couple of weeks, after a very long argument with neymar i finally realised that i wouldn't get anywhere without believing in myself, and once i started doing that.. it all just flew by. it felt like yesterday i was being told i'd never play again, then all of a sudden i'm here. on a pitch, kicking a ball with a chance. a chance to do it again, and it was scary. but god, i wanted it.

"be back here tomorrow, okay bradley?" gérard shouted out as i followed a few girls back to the locker room. i threw him a thumbs up, and he gave one back.

"you're faster than i remember." laurina walked beside me and i laughed out. "i remember watching you in barca when i was being scouted.. and pff. lightening."

i looked down at my feet then back up at her, "well thank you." i never really knew how to take compliments, i still don't so i took the advice of a great penguin who once said 'just smile and wave boys.' moving.

"you're shit noelle!" i heard a voice shout out, i rolled my eyes and flipped off the miniature man who was walking down the opposite side.

"he's such a bitch. the greatest footballer ever.. but a bitch." i mumbled as she laughed and nodded towards neymar who was staring at his phone waiting for me. "stalker much?"

he looked over at the two of us, saying his hellos to the other girls as he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into his chest. "you're amazing noelle bradley." he pressed his lips to mine.

i smiled and kissed him back. "i know.." i teased as he rolled his eyes. "i could sleep for hours." i put my head on his chin as he laughed out.

"and you make me clean, cook, and paint after training! so no, we're going to.. finish decorating davis room." he smiled proudly as i batted my lashes giving the best puppy eyes i can.

"but i'm injured.. my leg hurts. i don't even think i can walk, c'mon." i lifted my two arms up as he glared at me. "if you truly love me.. you would do this." i fake cried and began to walk off, as he ran up behind me and swept me up in his arms.

i smiled and pinched his nose, waving my goodbyes to the laughing squad as neymar shook his head. "we're still redecorating.." he stuck his tongue out and i nipped his shoulder as he shouted out in protest.

" he stuck his tongue out and i nipped his shoulder as he shouted out in protest

noellebradley posted to their story!

-

"chicken or bacon?" he asked as i placed my phone in the glove department. i pondered on the thought, scratching the back of my head.

"uhh.. chicken.. no. yes. chicken wrapped in bacon!" i shouted out as he hummed. "i'd take beef honestly, with some yorkshire puddings. neymar!" i slapped the back of his head.

"ah! firstly, i'm driving because somebody got their license suspended! and secondly, why?!" he shouted out his eyes flickering from me back to the road.

"i'm hungry. oh god, i'm going to have to diet again soon aren't i?" i cried out and slumped against the window. "why would you do that to me?" i glared at him. 

"i'm just going to sit here and drive us home.. because i'm
genuinely scared of you noelle." he told me, and i rolled my eyes. "actual fear."

i chuckled softly and looked over at the dashboard randomly getting the urge to clean it as neymar sang along to his playlist.

"beans or peas?" he asked out and i sat back in the chair and turned my head to look at him as he focused on what was ahead.

"do you have adhd? slight sprinkle of the tism?" i asked out as he shook his head. i shrugged and shook my head. "peas." i added.

"correct." he said as we pulled up. "what's tism?" he opened my door for me as i stepped out and we walked towards the house.

"lionel messi." i said bluntly, and he seemed to understand my explanation pretty quickly.

ty for reading beauties!
also- how did dele allí
pull cindy?? bro.