chapter twenty-five

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND

neymar and i were walking towards the kitchen, carrying the plates off everyone. "i could've done it. but thank you." i smiled up at him.

he shrugged and put them in the sink, looking down at me. "what's up with you and your brother?" he put his hands in his pockets and leant against the island.

i sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "we just- he's.. it's complicated." i told him, turning around so he couldn't see my face.

"complicated? you? never." he breathed out, i rolled my eyes and turned around to slapped his chest. he smiled sympathetically at me. "i'll ask messi." he whispered.

"he won't tell. and you're the complicated one." he stuck his tongue out.  i dried the freshly cleaned plates, putting them away as i felt neymar watching me.

"ducky! chris is coming soon, put the kettle on?" my mother popped her head out and i nodded, neymar smiling at her as she walked out.

"ducky?" he asked, i bit down on my lip hiding the smile as i glared at him. he started laughing, and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "ducky.." he repeated.

"stop. i will leave you, i will." i warned, he closed his mouth and kissed my head.

"sorry." he chuckled to himself, i pushed him away walking over to the kettle and pushing down the button, grabbing a few mugs. "you want any help?" he walked over and i shook my head.

"no, just sit there and look pretty." he sat down and leant on his arms watching me as i made the cups of tea, hearing the front door open.

neymar looked over as my brothers walked through the kitchen door. "help me carry them?" i asked ney who ran over and grabbed the mugs with me, i walked past the two of them and placed them on the table.

"not even a hello? i am your brother noelle." i rolled my eyes at him, as neymar held out his hand. "christopher bradley. nice to meet you. big fan." he told him, i scoffed at him.

neymar looked at me confused, "you too." he smiled at him, walking back over to me, wrapping his arm around my waist. "you okay?" i nodded, tapping his chin.

"nice to see you chris." i forced a smile at him, as he rolled his eyes at me. "where's jennifer.. oh that's right. how is justin?" i asked grinning sweetly at him.

"noelle. stop it." my mother scolded, i nodded at her my phone ringing. "can you please put it away? we have guests."

neymar looked down at my phone, laughing softly. "he's relentless." i smiled at his pronunciation, god he's cute.

chris was glaring at me, as he sat down on the couch, the rest of us joining them all, leo still calling me. i sighed, about to answer when my mother grabbed it off me.

i gaped at her, as she ended the call. "if my best friend is dead, and you've just done that. i will never speak to you again."

neymar held his hand over his mouth, mumbling something under his breath. she shook her head, annoyed at me. "so chris how's business?" she asked him proudly.

harry and i shared a look, as my parents gleamed at their son. "it's great. slow during he divorce, but picking it all back up. might have to explain to these two what a job is mom." he joked.

neymar looked over at me as i leant back into his chest, pulling at the hems of my dress. "ha. you're funny." harry rolled his eyes at him.

"so. how did the two of you meet? my sister isn't exactly one to.. uhm.. attract suitors." i laughed at him, as he looked at me blankly.

"is this the 18th century? he's my boyfriend, not my suitor chris. fucking hell.." i mumbled the curse under my breath, neymar running his hand up and down my arm.

i didnt realise how tense i was until he comforted me, i let out a small breath, holding onto his hand.

"we met at a game. the woman's champions league back in paris, and i've been obsessed with her ever since." he pulled me closer to him, i smiled happily at him.

"oh yeah? was this before or after her 'injury'?" he put the latter in air quotes. i fucking hate him.

"que significa ese movimiento?" he asked me in spanish, a confused look on his face. i explained back him, the room staring at us in confusion. "oh. after, why the.. how you say?" he looked down at me.
(what does that motion mean?)

"air quotes. what's with the air quotes chris?" i asked, he shrugged and looked over at my dad who was giving me a look of sympathy.

"well.. you play women's football. you got a little knock and now you can't play? typical right.." both me and neymar glared at him, harry joining in.

"you're such a prick. little knock? i'm lucky to even be walking."

he just rolled his eyes in response. "you're an actual footballer neymar. it's a joke right?" neymar looked down at me in disbelief.

"erá mejor que no vuelvas a decir nada malo de tu hermana. ella es una santa comparada." i smiled, neymar shook his head and looked back up at chris.
(you better never say a bad thing about your sister again. she's a saint compared.)

"no. not at all.. at psg we all have training days together and i'd honestly say some of them are better than us. we all play the same game, we all have the same job, whether it's men or women playing.. it's no different, and the women's game should be just as respected and loved as ours." he said.

i looked up at him, my brother scoffing as he spoke. "eu te amo neymar jr." he pecked my lips, clapping his hands together.
(i love you neymar jr)

"we should get going, i have a flight in the morning. it was nice meeting you all." neymar said abruptly, standing up and grabbing my hand.

"oh! yeah, you live in france. and you live here. with mom and dad." chris said getting onto his feet, looking down at me.

"actually.. i have an apartment viewing next week." i leant on neymars side, as his arms wrapped around me.

"where? down the road?" chris said trying to be funny. it didn't work.

"paris. i'll see you tomorrow." i waved at my parents, ney grabbing my bags as we walked out of the house. "he's a prick."

"i can tell." ney smiled at me, as we walked over to my car. "uh. do you really have.. are you.." he stumbled over his words, i chuckled at him as he rubbed the back of his neck.

the two of us got in the car, "yeah, i do." i kissed his nose, as his grin grew wider. "put your seatbelt on." i smacked his arm as i started driving.

he cursed under his breath, putting his seatbelt on. "did you call leo back?"

shit. i forgot my phone.

hey! hopefully you all enjoyed,
it was just a filler chapter cause i
wanted to segway, and yeah..
anyways, neymar and mbappe
were like besties today. i love that
for them. <333