chapter twenty-one

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND

"stop being so depressed. you're making me depressed." my brother shouted through the door as i stared up at the ceiling. all those weeks ago, i'd never have thought i'd be back here.

watching as the days passed in these four walls, only the faint ticking of the clock from the hallway. the sun appeared and disappeared, when i noticed it just reminded me of everything i could've had.

the world fucking sucks.

i put my airpods in, the music blasting through my ears as my dad walked into ny room, sitting on the edge of my bed. deja-vu or what.

"what are you listening to?" he shouted, and i showed him my phone. "strange choice." he replied.

"cant be depressed listening to pitbull dad. c'mon, use your common sense." i kicked the bald man in the back of the head jokingly as he slapped my leg away.

he shook the bed trying to get me up and i fought back a smile before looking over at him and throwing my air pods on the side. "how are you feeling?" he leant back against the wall, i moved to sit next to him.

"i should've listened to you. no boys till forty." i placed my head on his shoulder, as he pulled me into a side hug. "i just.. i don't know."

he sighed and looked over at the television as it played the pre-match. "if you love this boy." he groaned, obviously hating this as much as me, "then fight for him."

"why should i fight for him?!" i argued and he laughed out kissing the top of my head. "you men are such idiots."

"we are. but he's already told you how he feels, he put his heart on the line. now it's your turn noelle." i almost started crying, i couldn't remember the last time he called me by my full name. it was always ducky, or ellie.

i looked on the screen as it showed messi. i smiled proudly at my friend, then i sighed, pushing my father away and standing up. "get out." i pointed at the door and he stood up.

"men are idiots because women confuse us.." he grumbled to himself, making me smile.

do i love him?

is he worth it?

do i take the chance?

i banged my head against the wall, before grabbing some clothes and making my way into my bathroom.

noellebradley added to her story

i walked down the stairs, my parents looking at me as my brother clapped. "i thought you killed yourself." my mother hit the back of his head harshly, his girlfriend apologised for him.

"ha. ha." i said unamused, as someone knocked on the door. "i've got it." i said as nobody acknowledged it. my mother smiled sweetly at me and i walked over to the door.