chapter sixteen

PARIS, FRANCE

i turned around and he was gone. i shut the door as i walked around the corner which he turned, only to be met with rafaella. "hey? what's up with ney? he just slammed the bedroom door."

i sighed, and ran over to his bedroom. opening it to see him changing into a pair of sweatpants. "ney? what's wrong?" i called out, he just waved his hand ignoring me.

"just leave me alone." he sat down on his bed, his head in his hands. i walked over and sat down next to him, placing my hand on his arm. "did you not just hear me?" he spat out, swatting my hand away.

in that moment it felt like the walls were closing in on me. i just wanted to run away, run away from him, from everything.

the way he looked at me, his eyes. they pierced through my heart, he couldn't keep his eyes on me for longer than a few seconds before looking away.

"so you're just going to leave? like that?" he clicked his fingers, staring at me with what i could only describe as disgust.

"i- ney.. what did you expect? i have a life to get back to. family, just like you." the two of us sitting down on the bed, as i played with a loose strand of string from the bedding.

"yeah. i'm sure you do." his voice sticky with sarcasm, i stuttered as he spoke trying to find a sentence to string together to reply. "what do you have to get back to so badly? not like your careers waiting for you. maybe it's another guy you've tricked into falling for you. you weighing him down too?"

i couldn't believe what i was hearing, i hate to admit it but i would've forgiven him if he looked up at me, his eyes filled with sympathy. if he had apologised straight after, but the look in his eyes. the tone of his voice. the way his body moved away from me. he didn't feel sorry. he didn't think he did anything wrong.

i felt a sharp pain in my chest, my eyes pricking with tears threatening to fall down my cheeks. i took one deep breath, and grabbed my phone.

"what did you just say to me?" i shook my head, as if i hadn't heard loud and clear what he had just said. he blankly stared at me, unable to read his face i crawled of the bedding and walked away from him.

"where are you going?" he groaned out, as i walked into his bathroom. i placed my hands on each side of the sink, throwing some water onto my face, i couldn't tell if the droplets running down my cheeks were from the water i just chucked on my face or the tears strolling from my eyes.

why does he think that's okay to say?

where does he get speaking to me like i'm lower than him?

i walked back out as he sat on the edge of the bed looking up at me, grabbing my hand. "look noelle, i'm sorry." his voice sounded more annoyed than sorry, like he was forcing himself to say those words.

i rolled my eyes and pulled away from him, i grabbed my makeup bag and clothes which i had, walking out of the room, attempting to slam he door behind me but neymar caught it just in time.

"noelle, my family's sleeping. my son." he whisper-shouted as i sat down on the couch, searching up flights for tonight.

was i overreacting? maybe. but i'll be damned if i let somebody talk and treat me like that. especially a man.

"then go back to bed, i won't be a weight on your shoulders anymore." my voice spat venom at him, as he sighed. i could tell he was pulling at his hair in frustration.

"noelle you're being stupid, just come back to bed." he groaned, grabbing the bag which i was throwing my stuff into.

"no. no i'm not. you don't get to treat me like that." i grabbed the bag from his hands and he threw them up in the air, walking over to the cabinet.

"here." he threw euros at me, and i looked at the notes as they spread across the floor. "leave, don't fucking come back." he walked back into his bedroom.

my silent sobs covered by the hand i held over my mouth, i placed my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the house.

i walked down the pathway and opened the gate, calling an uber from the sidewalk. wiping the tears from my face, pulling off my eyelashes and throwing them down onto the road.

god. this night couldn't get any worse.

i scrolled through some more flights and booked one for three am, looking through the photos on my camera roll we had taken tonight.

i almost smashed my phone on the concrete, before stuffing it into my pocket. the uber only took a couple of minutes once it arrived i wasted no time getting in, taking one last look at house.

i faintly saw neymar in the kitchen window staring at me. if he wanted to, he could've came outside. he could've truly apologised, kissed me and i'd be back in that bed with him.

but he didn't.

he let me go.

i wiped the tears from my eyes as the house disappeared from my view, and just like that. paris was over.

neymar was over.

hey, hoped you enjoyed,
just a small chapter while i
wait for the chelsea game😭
anyways, love <3333