chapter six

PARIS, FRANCE
i woke up to a knock at the door, a loud groan fell from my lips as i walked over, still dressed in my clothes from yesterday, as i pulled it open. "yes?" i sneered, as the poor man looked at me.

"i am sorry for waking you, but you are past the clocking out time." he said in a thick french accent. my eyes widened as i looked down at my phone.

"fuck! fuck!" i shouted, grabbing the bobble off my wrist and tying my ratty hair into a messy bun. "i am so sorry, give me ten minutes. dix minutieux!" i repeated in french, though he was obviously fluent in english.

he nodded, and i grabbed my bag, throwing everything in it. i looked down at my phone and groaned. i missed my flight, of course i did.

after ten minutes off panicking and stuffing things in my bag i finally was ready. wiping the toothpaste off my lip, i threw on my old england hoodie and walked out of my room. i ran down to the front desk to clock out. "i'm so sorry, i totally overslept." i said to the woman, who shrugged me off and handed me a form to sign. i thanked them and made my way outside.

i looked at other flights back to manchester, but the only one was tomorrow. i cursed under my breath, and climbed into a taxi. i told him the address as he nodded and drove away.

i knocked on the door of the large house, my hair still messy with left over makeup from last night. i waited before knocking again, this time louder and harder. "¡ya voy!" i heard a voice shout, before the door opened. "els? i thought you were leaving today?" leo said confused.

"yeah, i missed my flight.." i chuckled, as he shook his head a smug smirk on his lips. "i've booked one for tomorrow, is there any way i could stay here tonight?" i said sweetly, batting my eyelashes as he fake gagged.

"you'll have to ask the boss." he stepped aside and let me inside. "mi amor, por favor ven aquí." (my love, please come here) i watched as antonela walked down the hall, before spotting me and running towards me. i opened my arms and hugged her.

"oh! i missed you!" she rejoiced, as she pulled away and looked over at leo who was stood with his arms crossed. "what did you need?" she asked, as he smiled at his wife.

"el needs a place to stay an-" before he got his words out his wife immediately agreed, i chuckled as she grabbed my hand and walked off, leaving leo with my bags. "i'll get the bags!" he shouted out, as we continued to walk ignoring him.

"we tried calling you last night, but it seems you were busy?" she said in an accusing tone. a smile crept its way onto my face as we collapsed back onto the sofa.

"whatever do you mean?" i asked, looking around at the house. i'd only been here once before when they first moved, it felt like a real home now which made me smile.

she glared at me, "neymar?" she wagged her finger in my face, and i threw my arms up. "you're lucky your face isn't in the photo, you'd have a million fans attacking you." she joked, and i shrugged it off. we were only friends, so why did it matter if we were hanging out?

could i even call us friends?

"so, what happened?" she crossed her legs and looked me, i laughed at her acting as if we were in school taking about crushes.

"nothing! we just hung out.. well, he took me to the louvre." i stated, as she clapped her hands together. she was so immature. i rolled my eyes, as she playfully hit my chin. "sorry.." i muttered, before grabbing my phone.

i texted my parents, telling them what has happened and i'd be back tomorrow instead. "so you're coming to the game tonight with us then?" she asked, tilting her head to the side as her youngest child ran into her arms. i smiled and kissed his nose before shaking my head.

"no, i don't think i should." i put my phone back down, as leo walked into the room after throwing my bags into the guest bedroom. i didn't see him do it, but i know he did.

he sat down next to his wife, as she laid back on his chest and their son spread out ontop of him. i love their little family. "yes. you. are." he stated, pointing over at me. "i'll dig you a shirt out." he smiled, as mateo ran over and jumped ontop of him.

i chuckled and sighed. "fine, i'll come. however! i will not wear your shirt." i simply stated as he, as he does, overreacted and threw his arm up, starting to complain. "messi on a million back, why you have to be on mine?" i rolled my eyes as ant chuckled.

"she wants neymars shirt." she added, as leo's hand clasped over his mouth, i groaned loudly. "uh! what?" he shouted out, chuckling like a child.

i sent ant a dirty look, before running my hands through my hair. "i salute you for being a single mom to four kids antonela." leo rolled his eyes, and crossed his legs, wrapping his arms around his son and wife. "im gonna go shower." i informed them, before kissing mateo and ciro on their heads, and walking down through to the guest room.

after a couple of hours, i was sat in the back of the car with mateo and ciro as thiago beat me at rock, paper, scissors for the front seat. "and we're here!" antonela announced, cheers erupting from each of the boys. i chuckled and got out of the car, holding onto mateos hand as he pulled me to where our seats were.

i wore a messi shirt, totally against my will.

we all sat down in the box, as the boys came out and started to warm up, i looked down at my phone before ant snatched it out of my hands. "oi! what's that for?" i argued as she put it in her bag.

"no phones, it's family time." she told me, thiago laughed and i playfully pushed him back into his seat as he still chuckled to himself.

i sat up as the first whistle went off, signalling the game to start. only twenty five minutes in, psg were up 2-0, both messi and mbappe scored, the whole stadium shaking from the cheering as they did.

the half time whistle went off and the boys with ant ran off to the bathrooms. i opened up antonelas bag and grabbed my phone out, surprised to see a message.

i clicked on it, and another one of those smiles made its appearance on my face.

instagram notification.
message from neymarjr

neymarjr
a messi shirt? really, i'm heartbroken.

noellebradley
he made me🧍🏼‍♀️

neymarjr
i'll give you mine after the match

noellebradley
a neymar shirt? a quick twenty on
ebay😋

neymarjr
my heart </3

noellebradley
i'll wear it if you score?

neymarjr
deal.

noellebradley
good luck!

neymarjr
obrigada linda :)
(thank you beautiful)

i smiled at the message, as the four made their way back into the box. "phone!" antonela shouted as i passed her it back, there's no point arguing with her. you'd lose.

as the game started again, i held ciro in my lap my head resting on his as his eyes fluttered closed. not even five minutes into the match neymar scored, i chuckled as he looked up at me and pointed.

i would've got up and cheered if i didn't have ciro sleeping in my arms. i watched as the game carried on, the opposing team only scored once, as neymar scored two more times after the fact. each time his eyes found me drowning in the crowd of people.

"someone's in love.." ant sang in my ear as i rolled my eyes, picking up the sleeping boy in my arms, and followed the three of them in front of me. my heart was beating faster with each step as we got closer and closer to the locker room, hearing their singing getting louder...

hope you're all enjoying,
vote and comment if you'd like
me to continue this story, i'm
excited to write this, but scared
no one likes it lmao
thank you for reading <3