Chapter 6: The Aftermath

When Kagome was at the hospital, she sat on the bed while the nurse named Koyuki come in and looked at her chart. "Your blood work looks normal, but that doesn't explain the sudden appearance of those bone mutations. You are lucky that your ribs aren't shattered."

"Ma'am, can I go home? My son is worried about me," Kagome asked politely as she could, but Bulma didn't think it was that polite.

"Of course, Mrs. Son. You can go home right now if you want." Koyuki said with a kind smile.

"Alright," Kagome said as the nurse put a bandage on her arms, legs, and forehead. They're all done," She smiled.

Kagome stood up out of the uncomfortable hospital bed and walked to the door. "You coming, Bulma?"

Bulma sighed, saying "Yes, I'm coming."

"She's very energetic for her age," Koyuki said while smiling.

"Yes very. Even though she is the mother of an eight-month-old child, she was worried sick, making sure he is okay after what happened." Bulma said, smiling. Then they walked out of the room where Goku and the boys waited for them.

"How are you feeling, honey?" Goku asked, coming up to her and giving her a sweet kiss on the left cheek.

"I'm doing fine," Kagome said.

"I'm glad," Goku said happily.

"I hope you two are safe and sound. We shall get going. We have to go back to the Taisho Corporation." Before Sesshomaru, Shippo, and Inuyasha would leave, Goku stopped them as he called out their names. The three turned around and faced them.

"Yes?" Sesshomaru asked.

"What is it?" Inuyasha asked, didn't have time for that.

Goku smiled. "Would you guys like to be part of Gohan's life?"

"What do you mean?" Shippo asked, curiously.

"Shippo, would you like to be Gohan's older brother? After all, you've been in Kagome's life since she adopted you." Goku said.

He blinked and then he gave him a smile in acceptance. "Yes, of course."

Goku looked over at Sesshomaru and Inuyasha, "Sessy, Inu, would you two like to be Gohan's godfathers?"

"Say what?" Inuyasha blinked.

"Since you boys saved my baby boy's life, I want the three of you to be part of Gohan's family as godfathers and an older brother. I thought it would be a wonderful idea for you boys to be Gohan's lineage." Goku said, smiling.

Sesshomaru and Inuyasha smiled at him.

"Of course, Goku. We will." Sesshomaru said.

"Thank you all," Goku replied as he shook their hands.

"Goku, you really don't have to do that, you know?" Kagome said happily, hugging Goku as she cuddled him.

Goku looked over his left shoulder at Kagome and smiled at her. "Why not? I thought it would be a great idea for them to be part of our lives."

Kagome kissed him on the cheek and tell him, "I love you, Goku."

"I love you, too, Kagome," Goku said as he held onto her hand from his right shoulder, cuddling her back as the two didn't last long forever.