I Am Selfish

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

I left before the sun kissed the horizon and I swallowed back my tears. I should have a proper bye to everyone but I didn't want to cry. I was done with crying. I was done with being brokenhearted and always being hurt.

I would get myself something to eat and jump on a plane back to London. Where Dizzy was. I needed my friend and she would knock some sense into me. I never was one to feel sorry for myself but here I was. Feeling sorry for myself because Bucky said some hurtful words.

I scoffed, "Loser. That's what you are. A damn loser,"

With one last look at the building, I pulled my hood up and turned away. I crossed the road feeling sharp pains in my chest but I ignored it and called Dizzy.

"For nuts-in-a-vice or ball stomping, please press 1,"

"I'm coming home,"

"What? Why!? You've just got there. Oh shit. You're pregnant!"

"I'm not pregnant. I want to come home,"

"What happened?"

"Oh you know, the usual. Blue left blue because of heartache and the feeling of being unwanted,"

"You need to let me meet this guy. I'll rearrange his fucking face and make him chew on his nuts,"

"There would have been a time where I would have said yes but Dizzy, I'm done. I want to be home,"

Dizzy sighed, "I'll book a plane ticket for you. I'll get the earliest I can for you. Just remember, you won't be blue forever,"

I swallowed back tears and then yelled in pain. I lifted my hand to my neck and yanked a dart from it, "Are you fucking kidding me!"

"Blue? Hello? What happened?"

The words I was trying to say came out in a drunken slur and my vision went blurry, making me drop to my knees. I looked at the feet that appeared in my line of sight and that was the last thing I remembered before I blacked out.

Fucking wimps using tranquillisers.

Bucky

My fist hovered over Blue's door. I had never hesitated so much in my life. Not even when I tried to kill Steve and we fell out of the damn sky.

I held my breath and knocked but I was met with silence. I pushed the door open and saw that the bed was made and there was a brown envelope on her pillow addressed to me.

My hands shook as I grabbed it and I knew she had left before anyone was awake. I knew her well enough to know she didn't want anyone to see her cry. But I was the one to make her cry and now I felt even shittier.

𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒕,

𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒂 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈.