I'm Not Stupid

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Although the party was great and the music was blaring loudly from the speakers, I didn't want to be there. Of course, I was enjoying myself but the one person I wanted to be standing with me decided that he had already said bye and that I wasn't worth another one.

It hurt. It hurt more than I could ever imagine. I never thought I could fall in love properly but here I was faking smiles and laughing through my heartbreak. I tried to talk to him but he told me I wasn't worth shit and closed the door in my face.

I had cried and I hated to cry. The fact that a stupid boy had made me cry made it worse. After what seemed like hours, I smacked myself in the face and got ready for Tony's farewell for now party.

"No way!" Wanda laughed at something Steve had said and I smiled, pretending I heard what he said.

"Um, I'll be right back," I said putting my empty glass on the bar, "Won't be too long. Promise!"

"Blue, are you ok?" Steve asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I laughed and walked away. My smile faded the moment I stepped out of the room. I let out a shaky breath and listened to the noise my heels made on the floor as I walked away.

My eyes burnt and I wrapped my arms around myself wishing I didn't feel like I was. It sucked. I swallowed hard and found a door that led to a balcony. I breathed in the fresh air and wandered over to the edge, watching the traffic.

I felt a tear stream down my face and more shortly followed. I cried in silence wishing for it to be all over.

I had already lost a close friend and now the one I thought I could rely on, threw me to the curb like I was a piece of shit. I wasn't going to leave forever. I was going to be gone a month max but I knew the moment I touched down in London I would be leaving.

Without Bucky, I was bored. He made my life more entertaining and I started to love it more. I tried to tell him that but he kicked off and that was that.

"You're crying,"

I jumped and spun around to see Bucky standing there in a suit, staring at me darkly. I quickly wiped my face.

"Why would you care?" I said quietly.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, "It's your farewell party,"

"Farewell for now," I corrected him, "They know I'm coming back. You chose to ignore that,"

Bucky didn't flinch and he shrugged, "My bad for feeling like you were abandoning me,"

"Abandoning you?" I scoffed, "I wasn't abandoning you. I was going back to London to see the friends I hadn't seen for a while and to say a final goodbye to my fucking friend! Who turned out to be my goddamn brother but you didn't give a shit. You have only been thinking out yourself!"

"I was angry,"

"Why? Because I was going home for a funeral? To drink away my sorrows and forget about everything that I have been through. I wanted to forget about everything I have done and disappear for a little while. What is so wrong with that?"