You Trusted Me

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Dinner was awkward, to say the least. I don't know why I agreed to sit with the Avengers and eat with them. It might have been wanting to know what food they ate. It wasn't anything special. I think Vision cooked and it wasn't great. It was still edible and didn't leave a nasty aftertaste. A little less cooking and it would have been better. I added a lot of salt to it. I didn't want to be rude and leave it on my plate.

I hated food being left over even if it wasn't a 5 star Michelin meal.

I heard him sigh and I looked up to see the other Avengers pushing their food around their plates. For some reason, it pissed me off.

"Don't be so fucking rude," I said, making them look up, "Someone made you a meal. The least you can do is fucking eat it,"

"It is quite alright," Vision said.

"No, it isn't quite alright. You've tried to do something nice and they are pushing it around," I slammed the fork into the table, snapping the handle off from the fork end, "I'm going back to my room. Vision, thank you for the meal. It was a great effort,"

"Thank you, Blue,"

I grabbed my drink from the table and marched back to my room, muttering how ungrateful those bastards were. They had no idea how much food meant to someone and they pushed it around like it was a pile of shit. I went years without having a proper meal and I would have been grateful to eat stale bread or an overripe piece of fruit that tasted like shit.

The door slammed behind me and I ran my hands through my hair trying to calm down. I put my hands on my hips and took a slow, deep breath.

"Calm down," I whispered to myself, "There was no need for that outburst,"

Flashbacks of my time with Hydra appeared and I felt my heart race to the point where I felt sick. I grabbed my head and dropped down to my knees, trying to make myself as small as possible.

"It's not real. It's not real," I repeated to myself, "You're safe. You aren't with them,"

Bucky

"I wasn't expecting an outburst like that," Sam said.

"She has a point," Nat muttered, "Sorry Vision,"

"I do not mind," Vision said, "The food is over-cooked and-"

"It doesn't matter," Steve said, "It was rude of us. Blue could have said it in a calmer manner, but she was right,"

"I wonder what crawled up her backside and died?" I asked.

"We did," Tony said, "She has been avoiding us for years and clearly, she doesn't like people wasting food. Bruce, could you still get her DNA from the cup she was using?"

"I have something better," Clint said, "When she embedded the fork into the table, she sliced her hand open. There's some blood left behind,"

"I'm not sure I feel comfortable doing this behind her back," Bruce said.

"She won't know,"

"And if she finds out?" Bruce said, "I don't want to anger her,"

"Says the man with the big green guy?" Tony said, "Just think of it as research. I want to know what enhancements she has and how she got them. Once we find out, we get rid of it and pretend that this conversation never happened,"

"I always need permission from the patient," Bruce argued, "I'm sorry Tony, but I can't do it,"

I frowned slightly as they began to argue and I turned my head to the door, listening carefully.

"Steve?" I asked, "Do you hear that?"

"I do,"

"It sounds like screaming," I said quietly and I got to my feet, "I'll be right back,"

"I'm coming with you,"

We left the room quickly and I followed the small cries of fear and pain. It didn't take long to realise who it was coming from and I pushed open the door to see Blue in the corner of the room, rocking backwards and forward, cradling her head.

Steve and I glanced at each other and walked further in.

"Blue?" I said quietly, "Are you ok?"

"Please don't let them take me," She whispered, not looking at us.

"Who?"

"Hydra," She whimpered. I knelt down in front of her and placed my hand on her head, feeling how hot and sweaty she had become, "I don't want to be hurt again,"

"Blue, you aren't with Hydra," I said and she looked up slightly, "You're in the Avengers tower,"

"A-are you sure?" She asked.

"Certain," I took her hand and placed it on my chest, "I'm as real as one can get...minus the metal arm,"

Blue sniffed and wiped her eyes, finally looking at me properly, "Shit. It happened again,"

"Flashbacks are normal with someone who has had a traumatic past,"

"Yeah, alright Mr Therapist," She scoffed and pulled her hand back, "I've not had one for a while,"

"When did Hydra take you?" Steve asked and I grimaced. That wasn't how to deal with this situation.

"Fuck off. None of your business. You can leave now," Blue said, slapping my hands away, "Leave,"

"Blue," I said, "I understand more than you think,"

Her piercing blue eyes snapped to mine, "It's not about understanding, it's about not wanting people to know my business. So leave my room before I make you,"

"We are only trying to help," Steve said.

"Well, I don't want your help!" She yelled, "Get out of my fucking room!"

I slowly stood up and backed away. There was no talking to her when she was like this. I knew from personal experience that she needed some space.

"I'm in the room opposite yours. If you want to talk, then I'll be there," I said.

"I don't want to," She said, not looking at me.

"The offer is there," I closed the door behind me and Steve shook his head, "What?"

"She's messed up in the head. Is Tony right in trusting her?"

"You trusted me," I said walking away.

"Buck,"

"It's true,"

Steve sighed, "I know but that's because you are my best friend. We grew up together. We fought in the war. I trust you!"

"You trust me now," I turned around and faced him, "Clearly, she is messed up in the head. We need her to trust us. I'm going to tell Bruce that he needs to run tests on her blood as soon as he can. He might be able to find out who she is,"

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛