It Wasn't A Dream

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Blue

It was the scent that woke me.

I couldn't pinpoint where I knew that smell but it felt safe to me. A bit weird that a smell made me feel safe but it was better than a cold, damp room that smelt of metal and old blood.

I struggled to open my eyes but I was also scared to. I didn't know what I was going to see when I did manage to peel them open. Was I going to see another Hydra scientist with a bone saw or someone about to force-feed me rotten food? Then, of course, there was the man who took me from my place. A man with the deadest eyes I had ever seen in my life. A man with no soul or emotion. The man who killed my parents and took me the first time.

"When is she going to wake up?" I froze. There was no change in hell I was about to open my eyes. If I pretended I was asleep, they might go away.

"We don't know,"

"She has been asleep for a week straight. Why isn't she waking up?"

"Bucky, we-"

"Wanda, wake her up. I can't do this. I have to see her eyes. I want..."

Bucky?

I parted my lips and slowly opened my eyes, the bright lights hurting them. I groaned and then yelled out in surprise when someone touched my hand.

"No touchy!" I said, yanking my hand back, "I want a date first!"

"Blue," Bucky said, collapsing onto the chair next to me. He laid his head on the bed and I could hear him cry.

"Are you crying?"

"Yes!" He snapped, "Do you have a problem with that?!"

"You're crying but I have no idea what..." I stopped and looked at my arm, "Oh...oh god. It wasn't a dream,"

Bucky sat up and wiped his eyes, "No. I'm so sorry,"

I tried to control the panic that was rising up and my eyes never left my new arm, "I don't have an arm,"

"Blue,"

"I don't have a fucking arm!" I yelled and climbed out of bed, "Look at it! It's a fucking fake arm! I should change my name to the one-armed fucking bandit!"

"Blue," Bucky said again.

"Oh look!" I said, "There goes Hand Solo with the one arm! Move aside Darth Vadar, I'm here to attack with my one arm. Chop, chop, chop you masked mother-fucker!"

I was pacing and I could see Bucky try to calm me down but it wasn't working.

"You won't ever need a freaking tool anymore. Just look for Handy Andy and her all-in-one purpose tool," I said, "Need a hammer? Here, take my fucking arm!"

"Blue! Enough!" Bucky yelled and grabbed hold of my face, "Enough. I understand but you need to listen to me. Please,"

"Tell me it's fake," I said, my eyes burning, "Please tell me it's fake,"

Bucky exhaled through his nose and pulled me into him as I started to cry, "I wish I could tell you it was fake. But it isn't,"

"Why? Why would they do this to me?" I cried, "This is fucking bullshit!"

"Do you remember?"

"Of course!" I cried, "Everything. Every goddamn thing they did to me. I thought it was a dream when a man came at me with a bone saw. I thought...oh god, I'm going to be sick,"