5

The car ride was silent.

"Stay here please?" I asked as I got out of the car. "Of course, I won't move" she replied. I went to the boot opened it up and took out the designs and ran them inside. It's a barn conversion in the middle of nowhere so I can just escape. I had a studio apartment put in as well so when I'm in full flow I don't have to leave.

I returned to the car to see her sleeping. I pouted at how cute she was and got the blanket we keep and put it over her. I jumped in my side and headed for mine. We pulled up, I picked her up and took her inside being careful not to hit her on anything. She would kill me. Her head nuzzled into my neck so my grip on her got tighter.

I managed to get my keys out of my pocket without disturbing her. Unlocking the door and taking her straight to my bedroom. I put her in my bed and shut the door. She did fly from New York so she is probably knackered plus after our antics today I'm not surprised she's knocked out. I got changed into comfy clothes, I'll shower when I'm home later. I sent her a message before leaving again.

y/n/n🧡

You fell asleep when we were at the barn so I took you back here so you can sleep properly, sorry I can't be there with you I've some stuff to tie up. Help yourself to whatever and my audi key and your spare keys are in my safe if you need it🧡

Yes, she has access to everything of mine, but I love looking after her. She has a key to 3 of my 4 cars and a set of keys to my apartment.

I went back down to the car and messaged Billie

y/n🖤

I'm on my way now I had to drop her off at mine. I'll be 10 minutes max

Bil🖤

Surprised you're not late because you're fucking each other's brains out

y/n🖤

haha your so funny, I've done my fair share of fucking today💦

Bil🖤

that's too much info y/n/n now just get on the road, please

I connected my phone and made my way to Bil, it was nearly 11 pm so it was dark and the roads were quiet. My favorite, I couldn't think of anything better. I got to Bil's pretty quickly so I messaged her to let her know I was outside. No longer than 30 seconds later she emerged from the house and got in the car.

You (italic)

Billie (bold)

hello to you grumps

shut up y/n/n you know why I'm annoyed and like I said can you blame me

no no, I get it I do, I'm annoyed with myself

I just kept my eyes on the road

and I don't blame you whatsoever, I'm so grateful for you

I know you are but when you let her back it's like a stab in the back after everything I do for you when she leaves and you promise you won't go back. But the minute she in town your already eye fucking

I just can't help myself with her, she has this horrible power over me and she knows I'll do anything for her

and that is the problem y/n she has you on a string and she dangles you till she's ready to pick you up again. you either need to break the cycle or she needs to get her priorities straight.

In all honesty Bil I think I'm falling for her everything she does makes my heart stop and I would do anything to have her as mine. I could give her the world.

This is where you get hurt y/n/n because she doesn't care if she did she wouldn't do what she does and we wouldn't be repeating the same cycle.

It breaks me to hear my best friend talking about her like that but what else can I do? So I tried to put an end to that conversation

please bil I know but on the plus side I have been clean for 2 months now since I started the gym

And I'm so fucking proud of you, you doing so well please don't let her ruin that

thankyou I won't I'm so much stronger now, mentally and physically

I can see that because boy aren't you ripped

she giggled and poked my side, making me jolt the car

for fuck sake bil we could have died, I could have crashed the car

but you didn't and we' re still here

we both erupted into laughter. It felt nice to actually spend time with her again without it being for a specific reason. Just being us. We started to talk about her new album and how she was feeling about it. We try not to bring work up when we're together when we're outside of work but it's near enough impossible not to considering we're both completely obsessed with what we do for a living.

It was nearing 1 am and I had to be up at 5 for the gym because discipline is a must regardless. I dropped Bil home and made way for mine. I parked the car and headed for the top floor. I opened my front door as quietly as I could, I don't want to wake her. I put my keys in their holder on the kitchen side because otherwise, I will lose them if I don't.

I walked into my room to see she was still peacefully sleeping but in one of my shirts so she must have got changed, absolutely melting my heart. I washed my face and brushed my teeth before stripping down to my boxers. It was too late for a shower and it's not worth waking up Sleeping Beauty in the next room. I climbed in next to her and she instantly found her way to me wrapping her arm around my waist. I kissed her head and messaged bil thanking her for tonight.

I set my alarm and put my phone on charge. I laid myself down into a comfortable position and she snuggled closer to me. I rubbed her back and she looked at me with the most sleepy eyes. "hey" she whispered. "Hi" I smiled. "I didn't think you were coming back." "how could I leave you ay?" she come up to kiss me quickly on the lips then returned her head to my chest, kissing my neck. I gave her one last kiss on the head before drifting off into sleep.