"Just one more round?"

He wants to, but they're at work and he doesn't want either of them to get fired.

"We can't."

She exhales. "Tonight?" She asks finally stepping away from him. They're in a janitors closet to the F Block.

"Would love to but I have a case to solve. Four, actually. Not sure if I'll be here for the remainder of the month. Might leave soon if I'm being honest." He explains as he fixed himself.

Y/N cleared her throat, fixing up. Naoto noticed her shift in demeanor and snuck a kiss.

"You'll be fine. You're not his, remember?"

Naoto's honestly been having mixed emotions about this. He's not stupid and neither is she. Are they dating or just friends with benefits?

He wants to like her for who she is, to get to know her better and possibly settle down. As far as sex goes, it's great in all but...he enjoys her company.

Y/N nods, smiling faintly. She watched him as he fiddled with his belt. Y/N doesn't know what it is about Naoto but whatever it is makes her drawn to the man.

Naoto caught her gaze and smirked.

"You can visit my place tonight if you don't want to feel lonely." He tease. "Not sure I'll get any work done though."

"Five minutes apart." Y/N left the room and exhaled. "Jesus Christ I'm a mess." She shook her head and began making her way to the F Block.

"L/N!"

Shit.

Y/N spun around to see Laney storming towards her. She smiles, her gaze not leaving the woman.

"O-Officer Laney, hi."

"Hi? Didn't I tell you that you and Mr.Tachibana are to do rounds when it comes to checking on Sanzu Haruchiyo? And why aren't you at your stations?"

"I-

Her words came to a halt when she saw Naoto step out of the room. She told him five minutes not five seconds. Naoto spotted them and instantly turned in the other direction.

"What are you..." Officer Laney turned her head, spotting Naoto. He's got his head down, about to take a left.

"Tachibana!" He froze. "Get here, now!"

Naoto braced himself, ready for anything to come his way. He reached them and smiled.

"Officer Laney, afternoon."

"Why is it that you and Y/N aren't where you two are supposed to be?"

"I went to use the bathroom." They say in unison. Y/N and Naoto locked eyes, both at a loss for words.

Laney had too much on her shoulders to even pay attention to their expression.

"Y/N, my office. You, back to your fucking station." Laney walked off, she's clearly heated.

Naoto whistle lowly. "I think you're in trouble." He teases.

"Be a good boy and go back to your station." Y/N gave Naoto a pat on the shoulder and left him there. Naoto watched as she walked off and groaned.

"You're going to get me killed sweetheart!" He calls out. Y/N heard him and laughed.

Five minutes later Y/N reached Laney's office. She's pacing behind her desk, fiddling with papers and messing with her glasses.

When Y/N stepped in she stopped, her face holding a stern gaze.

"L/N...have a seat."

Y/N followed. Officer Laney took a seat on her desk and sighed. She's in need of a smoke. And a damn drink.