I rolled my eyes at the first part of his sentence. "Of course, you knew. I swear gossip spread in this family faster than fire in the forest."

Jasper's smirk didn't waver, and he shrugged his shoulder at me. "You choose to be a naughty son, you must accept the consequences."

I blushed at the word he used to describe my behaviour and shot him a glare. "You know that dealing with your brother is hard, and sometimes, it can be impossible."

"Said brother is trying his best to repair your relationship. You know I don't meddle in other's business, but don't you think your disagreements went further than they should?"

"Look Uncle, I love my father and would give my life for him should he order it, but I won't budge on my decision, and he knows it," I said with finality in my voice.

"You are stubborn." Jasper threw his hands in the air, surrendering.

"I learned from the best." I gave him my best innocent smile.

He shook his head and made a dismissing gesture with his hand. I took the chance and hurried out of his office. I didn't want to allow him to reprimand me once again should he remember something else.

*************
The afternoon came too fast for my liking. We were all sitting outside enjoying the cool air when two black Rang Rovers pulled into the driveway.

Father and to my surprise Jackson exited the first car. For a moment there, I had a small amount of hope that Hunter would be next only to be disappointed as two guards joined them from the second vehicle.

I smiled while watching Lillian squealing in happiness and running to hug her brother. They didn't see each other for nearly a year now, and I could understand her excitement.

I waited patiently until everyone got his chance to greet them. I hugged Jackson and exchanged a few words with him.

When it was time to talk with my father, I felt my heart racing inside my ribcage, and with slow steps, I moved to stand in front of him.

He didn't keep me waiting for long and brought me in a hug. Instantly, I felt myself relaxing in his hold.

"I missed you." He whispered in my ear, and I smiled at his words because I knew he said them to let me know everything was okay between us.

The next few days passed in a blur. Dad took over our training sessions, and I could tell Nina was relieved to be out of Jasper's watchful eyes.

I can't blame her, the man was like a hawk following every movement of hers. Dad was something else entirely. He gave you the chance to do your best before criticising you and correcting your faults.

Nina appreciated that and did her best during every session. She made it her mission to impress him and prove her worth. She was aware that her acceptance into the family depended solely on his opinion of her.

Nina was so busy I barely got the chance to spend time with her. She was so tired by the end of the day that she went to sleep early at night.

It was Friday morning and Dad gave us the day off. I don't know what possessed him since he never allowed us to take as much as a breath until the training program is over.

I smiled when I saw Nina walking my way. She was wearing blue jeans and a yellow oversized shirt. She joined me on the damp grass, and I immediately brought her closer to my side. I kissed her cheek and ran my hand through her silky hair.

"How are you today?"

Nina rolled her eyes and said in a tired voice. "How do you think? Sore."

I laughed at her response. "I never took you for a dramatic person."