CH20 Remedy

When night fell, Neteyam and I took the chance to go back to our hideout when the humans left. We did this by using the surrounding noise to navigate the area and know whether they were gone. Then when it was quiet indicating that the enemies left, we went back.

A few days less than a week passed by after that day and the war continued to transpire. There were times I came with Neteyam during the insurgency but there were also times I stayed at the camp to either rest or help out with the Na'vi's. And probably, since I was being with them more often, they might've gotten more used to my presence and became less wary of me. There is still little distrust lingering though concealed, but honestly, I'm completely fine with the way things are.

Today is one of those days where I'm staying at camp while Neteyam's out leading an incursion. It's sometime around the afternoon and during the whole day, I've been teaching some Na'vi's how to use a rifle. Specifically, I've been teaching Se'lin.

"How many times do I have to tell you to press the trigger, not pull!" I yell at Se'lin while adjusting her gun. "And aim using the stupid sight!"

"It's difficult!" She yells back.

"Bitch, there's literally only two steps." I look at her in disbelief.

I would have long given up on the girl if she was just a mere stranger. But actually, Se'lin and I had gotten much closer in the past few days and she's been a big help in making me feel comfortable in staying here at the camp. And uh, she also promised to stop trying to get with Neteyam. So, I may or may not feel indebted to her.

I open my mouth to lecture the girl again but the sound of warriors landing catches both of our attention. My eyes gleam, knowing full well who it is.

Neteyam!

I leave Se'lin to go to the group that just landed and upon seeing Neteyam, we exchange 'I see you' gestures.

Shocking, right? I've learned to do the gesture as well and have considerably adapted to their traditions and practices.

Neteyam softly smiles before giving me a peck on the forehead while I linked my arm with his.

"How was it?" I ask him, pertaining to the raid, as we went inside the camp.

"Successful," He replies with a tone not so cheerful. But I disregard this, understanding that he must be tired.

I nod and observe his body. He was pretty badly bruised all around and this makes me frown, the sight of him being hurt stinging me.

"Let's get those checked," I tell him. He catches onto what I was talking about and without question, hums in agreement.

We reach the infirmary where Tuk, Kiri, and a couple more medics are stationed. A whole group just arrived which may be the reason for it being almost full. There were many wounded due to the war which is why.

We look around the place to find a free medic and ofcourse, it just had to be her.

Eyrina, Neteyam's ex.

Right. I completely forgot about her being a medic too.

She sees both of us, particularly the wounded boy, and comes forward to greet us.

"H-Hi, do you guys need help?" Eyrina shyly asks.

"If it's alright, do you mind checking up on m-" Neteyam talks, although he gets cut off by me calling Se'lin out of the blue.