CH3 In His Hold

The journey to the village was just point-blank breathtaking. I've always been enthralled by Pandora. Its structure and biosphere are so similar yet so different from Earth. Even if my planet's way more advanced in terms of technology than this one, Pandora still manages to be better. I guess it just speaks volumes of how imperative is the preservation of one's roots.

"Hey-"

Man, I want to live here. I hope they wear more clothes though. It gets really cold at night.

"Hey!" 

Ugh, right. Neteyam's currently walking me through the forest and teaching me about things THAT I ALREADY KNOW. 

"Fuck this." I hear him mutter.

"What?" I raise my brows and stopped walking to turn to him. 

"Why won't you listen?" He stops as well and turns to me- pissed and his accent accentuating.

"I just want to walk. I already know everything about your world, sir." I reply, mocking him.

Without a word, he rolls his eyes and grabs my hand to drag me deeper into the forest. We walked for a good 5 minutes while um, holding hands.

"Neteyam?" I call him and he responds with a hum, still walking in front of me.

"Do you like doing this with everyone or something?" I ask him out of the blue and he looks at me confused. "Holding hands and uh, grabbing people," I add.

We stop again and we both look at our hands which, by the way, were lovingly intertwined with one other. As soon as he noticed, he removes his hand from mine. 

Now it feels empty.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't notice" He responds, a hint of color running through his cheeks.

I laugh at his embarrassed state. "It's fineee! I was just curious." I say as I hold his hand again. "Yours fits well with mine." 

Before he could respond, I drag him to walk again while laughing. He's cute.

It took another 5 minutes before we reached our destination. He brought me to his Ikran which was stationed at the end of a cliff. 

"Oh my god!" I smile, leaving Neteyam and going closer to his Ikran.

It's the first time I've actually seen his Ikran - or any Ikran as a matter of fact - as it was too dark that night. 

"She's beautiful." I say in awe while walking around it. The Ikran looks at me as I do but unlike last time, she isn't angry anymore. She's just... curious?

The banshee and I gaze at one other as I cautiously walk around her, our eye contact unwavering. 

"How do you know that she's a girl?" Neteyam says from afar, one hand on his hips while looking at the two of us.