CH0 The Job

This short chapter's just a little background for our lovely y/n:)

_____

"So, who's up for it?" 

"Who's up for what?" I say, slamming the door open having just entered the meeting room, late, and with a towel in hand. 

Heads turn my way as I close the door behind me and lean on it. 

Okay, let me see...Colonel Quaritch and Doctora Jane's here. Uh, There are I think about 30 of us all in all. That's a lot. They don't do meetings with this many people ever. I wonder what's the fuss about.

 I feel water drip from my hair to my skin. It's still pretty wet from the shower so I start drying the tips of my hair with the towel. 

"Intelligence operative Rose, you're late." Doctora Jane firmly enunciated, her arms folded and a disappointed look plastered on her face. Nothing new. She's nagging me as always.

"Intelligence operatives are never invited to these slumber parties though," I comment before walking away from the door, throwing my towel on some dude, and opening the fridge to get a bagel. Cold bagels aren't really my thing but whatever, I'm starving.

"And now they are- No, you are. You're already invited and you're still complaining? Don't get started again, Y/N-" Doctora Jane snaps back but I cut her off as I heard my name. She's pretty old and is pretty quick to forget things. My real name's not to be said aloud and my alias 'Rose' is what I should be called at work. I wouldn't want strangers finding my address somewhere and killing me in my sleep you know.

"Relax, old hag. So what were y'all talking about? Who's up for what?" I retort before taking a bite at the bagel. Beside me, a familiar soldier whispers something about 'eating is not allowed in the meeting room' although I just reply with a nod before taking another bite.

"We're asking for one volunteer to spy for us in Pandora. They are to be turned into a Na'vi, ofcourse, which will be facilitated by Doctora Jane and overseen by yours truly." Colonel Quaritch says as he puts his hand on the doctor's shoulder. I open my mouth, about to say something that's probably offensive, but he cuts me off before I could do so. "Speaking off. You're perfect for the job Operative Rose."

"I'm perfect for anything."  I smugly reply after gulping down the bagel.

_

I forgot to tell you guys that I'm writing this book purely on memory. I just watched the second Avatar movie yesterday and I watched the first one years ago:") So, if there are story errors feel free to correct me and I'll gladly replace them<3 Thank you!