CH18 Rush and Risk

It has been approximately 10 hours since we arrived.

Half of that time up to now was and is still being spent during our stay in the deforested district. The past couple of hours were filled with bloodshed, cries, and clamor of the humans and Na'vi people. 

Let's just say that it was more than emotionally and physically disturbing for me.

There had been times when I tried going with soldiers back then, specifically with my ex-boyfriend, and I'd watch, or even join them fighting creatures from here. That was also the time when I further honed my combat skills. 

To an extent, I've seen brutality with animals because of that specific time in my life. 

But actual human-to-human carnage? I've never seen anything like it.

and god, it's awful.

We have now situated ourselves in an area filled with flora and fauna in order to hide. It's for the reason that there's a disadvantage to both opposing sides when fighting for straight hours—people get tired, weak, and soon become utterly useless—and Neteyam knows this well enough. So, as the leader of the band, he has ordered the Na'vi's to fall back and find shelter.

"It's almost twilight," I say as I sat beside Neteyam and leaned my back on one of the trees. I look at him and he was busy fixing a broken bow that I think belongs to someone else. 

I frown when I see that the boy had paid absolutely no attention to what I just said. "Baby, I'm talking" I say with a fuller tone.

Neteyam looks at me with confusion, not having heard what I said, and I only sigh before responding. "It's nothing. You can continue,"

He only nods, not even the least bit curious, and only focused on tending to the stupid broken weapon.

I hope that shit doesn't get fixed.

I stand back up again in annoyance and funnily, it's the only time the boy took notice of me. 

"Where are you going?" Neteyam asks, looking up at me.

"I'm going to Pandora," I reply, half-assed, but Neteyam only quirks an eyebrow at this, not pleased with my response. "Don't worry. I'm not going far, sir." I fake a smile before rolling my eyes and walking away.