CH11 I See You

Uncomfortable and awkward.

Those are the two exact words that describes our situation after I practically yelled to his whole clan that we have something more than a "captive—captor" relationship. The other warriors at the camp saw it, alright. Right after we broke our kiss, the others were not frantic with me, but they were rather frantic with Neteyam. All I kept on hearing were "Neteyam, what are you doing?" "Neteyam, what's the meaning of this?" "Have you betrayed us?" and other shit synonymous with it. But there was one person who changed the course of affairs. Someone said something along the lines...

"Did the sky girl do something to you, altered your thinking or some sort?".

It was at that moment when people averted their attention to me and wanted to attack me for allegedly doing what I've been accused of. In the brink of time, Neteyam brought me away from them and we flew with his Ikran some place no one can reach us.

There's only one perfect location.

The place where all hell started breaking loose. The place that completely recasted my life and made me doubt my own beliefs. The place apparently only Neteyam goes to but I somehow managed to stumble upon right in my first day at mission.

That stupid abandoned forest.

I don't even know what Neteyam and I exactly plan to do here because it's been about half an hour and we haven't uttered a single word. We're sitting side-by-side on the ground, with our backs laying on Neteyam's Ikran, looking at everything and everywhere but each other.

The silence was intolerable, so I decide to break it.

"Sorry for doing that." I softly talked, my eyes only gazing at the barren sky.

"For doing what?" Neteyam asks with an indecipherable tone. I don't know where he's looking but it's most definitely not at me.

"You know, kissing you in front of your whole clan. They must think ill of you now." I apologetically said.

It was, without a doubt, insensitive of me. I completely acted without thinking about the consequences of my actions. An absolutely great timing where I could've done something as foolish elsewhere but chose to propagate it at my enemy's locale.

Although,

it was a decision made purely by the heart, not the mind.

It's probably the reason why I don't hate myself for it. Especially with these feelings increment as time passes with him.

"They do, yeah." Neteyam replies before sighing.

I bite my lip, feeling a little guilty of the burden I've placed upon the boy. How do we both even get out of this? What do we say to them?

Perhaps 'it was an accident' and 'we were drunk' could work—not on people with a functioning brain though.

A few minutes of silence lingers again and just like last time, I break it once more.

"Neteyam, look at me." I call him as I turn my head to do so as well.

He does as told and as we locked eyes, he lightly raises both his brows in question.

Let's get this over with.

"I like you." I say.

Okay, I said it.