188 | Private Table

Start from the beginning

     "I wasn't a big fan of J.S High because it always felt so gloomy, but now it feels a bit more like a castle and not a prison," Cindy comments before walking towards Max. Max doesn't say anything, but after a couple of seconds, the serious expression on Cindy's face changes and turns into a bright smile.

     "It's good to see you, Leigh," Cindy says, hugging Max tightly.

     Max smiles and hugs her back, glad to see her childhood friend again. "I can't believe you're here," Max then tells her. "I wasn't expecting to see you in our classroom, out of all places."

     "Well, president Janet only announced yesterday that we'll be participating in this convention. We're as shocked as you are, but I'm really glad I was chosen to represent the House of Queens," Cindy explains before turning to the vice president.

     "And Gav, you've done well as a member of the Elites. I'm very glad to see you too," Cindy says, hugging Gavriil as well.

     The entire class was quiet as the three childhood friends had their reunion, but before things could escalate further, Gavriil pushed the queen away and told her, "I would love to further chat with you, Ms. Lin, but classes will start soon, and I request if you could take a seat first."

     Cindy doesn't retaliate and nods her head instead as Gavriil leads her to her temporary seat, making the rest of the class take their seats as well.

     Max stares at Cindy and takes a deep breath. Ari notices the worried expression on his face and asks him, "Max, aren't you glad that Cindy is here? It looks like we don't have to worry about Jontell anymore."

     "Ari, Cindy is here as a guest, correct?"

     "That's right."

     "And she's a sisterhood member."

     "Well, obviously she's—" Just when Ari was about to finish his sentence, Ari realized it too and immediately covered his mouth in shock. He immediately moves closer to Max and whispers to him, "Are you telling me that there could be other brotherhood members here from other houses?"

     Max didn't want to admit it, but he took another deep breath and massaged his temple before finally nodding his head in answer. 

     Ari couldn't say a thing. Some unknown person has been threatening their school. Last time, at the great hall where the brotherhood flags were vandalized, everyone knew that someone out there was declaring war against them.

     It looks like Jontell isn't the only problem they have now.

     "Good morning, class," their first professor—Ms. Virgil Macy—announces as she finally enters the room. The class greets her as Ms. Virgil places her laptop on the desk. She then faces the class, and her eyes instantly fall on the students sitting in front.