32.Unexpected Letters with Unexpected Consequences

Harry sat in the chair across from (y/n), mulling over his tea as he tried to word his question appropriately.

"What is a nesting dragon?" He settled on that.

"Well, you know how I killed a man for hurting my child?" At his nod she continued. "They would do much worse if you even look at their eggs."

"They're mothers? Isn't that just-"

"Stupidly cruel, wizards have been this way for centuries Harry. Particularly towards those they deem as wrong in any way."

"Like Voldemort and muggleborns."

"Exactly, the ministry's fear of the 'other' is rooted in the fear of the retribution they would receive if those they deemed as less than gained power. Snakeface's fear mongering is rooted in the strong desire to protect traditions."

"Muggleborns don't go against tradition." Harry pointed out.

"But they do, Lord Potter, if you would look around the school during the sabbats, you'd see that muggle traditions trample the magical traditions. Samhain, for example, or Yule or any of the others that take place here. Each family celebrates a different set of sabbats, and each further celebrates differently. It doesn't help that laws have been put in place that ban rituals that are meant to protect the ties the families have to magic."

"I think I get part of why the Slytherins are bitter." Harry mumbled before changing the subject with a hum. "Anyway, what can I do against a dragon?"

"Talk to it." He looked at her like she was crazy.

"You want me to talk to a fire-breathing creature that's trying to kill me?"

"Parseltongue should work, if not they've got some stupid beasts. Just explain that the stupid humans are making her protect a fake egg and you should be-" she was cut off by a pecking at her window.

She looked over and saw a rather stately owl demanding entry. She opened the window with a flick of the wrist before the bird swooped in, dropped the letter in its talons, and flew out the open window and into the morning sky. (Y/n) waved her hand at the window to close it as she looked at the letter.

"It's addressed to both of us from Gringotts." She sighed pulling out a piece of parchment before opening the letter and heaving a sigh at the contents.

Dear Heirs Malfoy-Black-Potter and Potter-Black,

It has come to our attention that the magical guardianship of which one Harry James Potter-Black has been broken due to a magical contract, please come at earliest convenience as certain discrepancies have been seen on the Potter Vault Accounts that must be attended to immediately. Miss Malfoy-Black-Potter, you are requested to appear and take an inheritance test as it has been long overdue.

This letter is a Portkey and will take you to the lobby of Gringotts, the password is 'Vaults'.

Respectfully yours,

Griphook, manager of Potter accounts

She grit her teeth, looks like she has no choice now. She really must draw blood to gain some peace, though, that comment of the test being overdue irked her. (Y/n) wrote a note to Severus explaining the situation and folded it into a little bird before charming to go to his desk in his classroom and to go unnoticed until it landed where it was supposed to be. She then told Harry that they had to pop over to Gringotts and that she'd help him with the assignments that he has to make up before grabbing his hand and saying the password.