1. Dumbledore's Owl

An undercut (h/c) sifted through her mail humming something from the Star Wars soundtrack as she sorted it out into obvious trash, possible trash, and personal. A letter from the Eagleclaw clan was most likely about her little Reggie, an update on him most likely. His birthday was soon, she should get him a coloring book, one with dragons or dinosaurs. Both would be good. (y/n) was brought out of her thoughts by tapping on her apartment window. She opened it to let in an exhausted owl that looked half-dead once it sagged on her carpet. Poor thing. Who would be that cruel? (y/n) opened the letter in its beak and began reading.

5th March 1991

Miss (f/i). L. Black,

Your presence is requested at Hogwarts for the next term, it may be some time before you can return to your life over in the States. We can handle all necessary paperwork in regard to your current situation. We expect you to be here on school grounds by August first to get your duties settled.

Kind regards,

A. P. W. B. Dumbledore, Headmaster

She rubbed the shaved part of her head and sighed. It was early May now. If she got the paperwork completed now she could be in England by mid-June and can make Grimmauld Place livable before she has to be at Hogwarts, who knows maybe Kreacher would be willing to be paid. She huffed a dower laugh, he'd probably hex her the moment she stepped in the house. 

A knock sounded at her door, breaking her out of her plotting. She opened the door to see a couple of Aurors in muggle clothes.

"Ma'am, we have been tasked with escorting you to the MACUSA headquarters." He didn't notice that she clearly wasn't prepared to leave home yet as he droned on.

His partner on the other hand nudged him and said, "Jared, she doesn't have to be up at an infernal hour it's only 7 A.M. give the woman some time."

"Jazz, please not now, she's listed as dangerous. We can't afford to leave her unattended." Jared sighed obviously in dire need of coffee.

"Maybe we can not talk about her like she isn't here when she's right here? I'm sorry about him ma'am, we got dragged out of bed by the president and he's just out of it." Jazz, a smaller almost androgenous-looking person, sent her a small smile. 

"Tell you what, you two may come in. I've got a pot of coffee made in the kitchen, Meryl gave me a few extra mugs so that shouldn't be an issue. I'll get dressed and make sure that owl doesn't die on my floor and we'll be good to go. The cream is in the fridge and the sugar is in the container by the microwave. Make yourselves comfortable." (y/n) let the two in and opened the cupboard with the mugs and left to put on real pants and a passable blouse. 

  The owl was given a meal and a place to sleep and after a once over was deemed a survivor. She'd have to send it back once it was recovered. The poor little guy was not built for such distances.

"I thought she was a pureblood from England, how does she function like a no-maj?" Jared's voice asked as she checked the owl's wings again.

"Did you only look at her designation and not the rest of Miss Black's file? She had to spend a year working with a squib for community service, in all honesty, she shouldn't've had to." Jazz's voice sounded irked by the issue.

"Why is that?" Jared sounded like he was skeptical.

"The man she attacked was a relation of her aunt's husband, who held her as a captive and may have forced her to have her son. It's all in the file, she suggested the use of veritas serum on her own and legilimency to make sure she didn't butcher a single detail of the incident." Jazz sighed. "I worked that case you know. The place he kept her was not a home it was a prison, however due to the lack of evidence on the bastard's reasoning she was sentenced to community service."