24. Cold Beaver Moon Soup

Unfortunately, the first time that (y/n) was needed to substitute for Lupin was of course snatched by Severus. So she decided to lift the spirits of the different years the potions class was going to have for the day by having them make candies. Some of which she packed away for Lupin and sent it to him with some soup and a steaming cup of cocoa (Aunty Kim's recipe, AKA the canid-friendly kind) with a marshmallow moon floating in the mock chocolaty goodness and a note that he needs to eat something.

The first Quidditch game of the school year had the twins in the middle point between the Hufflepuff house and the Gryffindor house as Draco, playing the uninterested party along with Joan, stuck to them like glue. (y/n) sat between Severus and the end of the bench, her eyes not on the game, nor on her children. Instead, they were trained on the exact spot her cousin would pop up and she had a lecture prepared for him once she cornered him and knocked some sense into him.

Then the dementors happened before she could hunt down that idiot. She could feel her heart stop as she watched Harry plummet to the ground. Before she could think she shifted and bolted to catch him noticing that Dumbledore had slowed his descent. She shifted back and caught him in her arms instead. She glared up at the horde with a growl as she repelled the rain with a spell she learned ages ago.

She carried the boy to the hospital wing, a rage hanging around her like a noose. A deadly reminder that she had killed someone before coming to work at the school, to the students who had almost forgotten. As they watched her stalk away with the teen in her arms, a few shuddered in fear. 

(y/n) placed Harry on a cot in the Hospital Wing before moving his wet hair out of his face in a motherly gesture, moving aside so Madame Pomfrey could give him a look over. She then darted out of the castle and into the Forbidden Forest shifting to run faster, to burn off the rage in her as she seethed about the events of the day. Her mind solely focused on the thought of ripping those damned things to shreds.

~~~~~~

Severus sat in (y/n)'s quarters with his elbows on his knees his mind racing. 'Where was she?' The twins were working in their workbooks by the fire sending him glances every now and then.

"Mom's fine." Ceres ripped the man out of his thoughts. "She's just too angry to be around the students and doesn't want to chance hurting you."

"Can I go find her?" Regulus was next, pushing his maths workbook aside, and stood to hold the potion master's eyes easier. "I know how to calm Mom down, I'll be shifted the whole time so the dementors shouldn't be an issue and if Sirius Black is still on the grounds he'd think me a wolf so there's no need to worry."

"Is this something you're certain about?" Severus dryly swallowed as he searched the boy's eyes for a fraction of a lie. 

"I helped Mom calm down after Ceres was hurt, otherwise she would've been put down, we'll be back by morning. We just need to work out her anger, and if we're lucky Mr. Black will learn to listen for once." 

"It has the best possible outcome, Professor. If he doesn't go she'll be put in a predicament due to another vision, one that might hospitalize her." Ceres tacked on, bulldozing over her brother's slip of the tongue.

"Alright, do what you must." Severus's voice though still deep as always, sounded somewhat hollow.

Regulus nodded in agreement and rushed off to find his mother.

"Let's play some chess, you look like you need a distraction and this science book is going over my head at the moment." Ceres picked up hers and her brother's workbooks and put them away before grabbing the chess set. "Come on old man, we don't need Mom being worried about you if you get an ulcer from all this worrying of yours, it won't be good for her mentally, too much stress and all that."