The mission agreement.(2)

Walking behind the young man and taking in the scene lead you to one conclusion.

If a demon didn't kill Tengen Uzui you were going to, as the little girl confirmed what you had thought, saying Tengen was attempting to take the children.

She was promptly smacked in the forehead, as the sound Hashira demanded she keep quiet.

"UZUI! What in the gods names are you doing?"

Your cry fell on deaf ears, as the boy had taken a much more interesting approach of a flying headbutt. It was far too slow to hit a Hashira, but you applauded the bravery, as your colleague dodged, landing on the roof above.
"You're a fool. I'm Lord Tengen Uzui, a former shinobi, a man known around here for his resplendency. Did you really think I'd fall for one of your vulgar head-butts?" You glanced up to see what a disgusted face the dramatic man had.

"You let those girls go! Lousy kidnapper!"

"I have to agree with the boy, Uzui." you called up as the children continued to cry out in protest. "This is beyond ridiculous, even for you."

"Show some respect! Who do you think you're talking to?! I'm your superior! I'm a Hashira, damn it." Your words had fallen on to deaf ears once more, which was getting really annoying rather quickly.

"Well I don't acknowledge you as a Hashira!"

Wow, yeah, this was getting childish. You considered the fact they couldn't hear you over their own whining.

"Don't give me that face! And why should I care if you don't acknowledge me?"

"Wow yeah, you've really lost your edge Uzui, you're starting to sound like a whiny brat."

Tengen glared down at you acknowledging your presence finally, "Hey, you should be on my side! Besides, I'm taking these two, because I need female Corps members for a mission! And I don't need permission to take anyone whose not a Tsuguko!"

"That doesn't mean you get to fling kids into battle you moron!" you ridiculed.

"Naho isn't even a member of the Corps! Look, she's not wearing the uniform!" one of the smaller girls chimed in.

Tengen took a look at her, as if to evaluate her worthiness. Maybe he was actually listening to reason.

You felt hope for a second when he said "Nevermind." to her, only to realize what he was doing.

"Tengen Uzui you did not just fling a girl off the roof!" you called, sprinting, and catching her, rolling to avoid colliding with the boy.

You felt a few stitches in your side rip, a gift from your previous mission, but you barely felt any pain, as the girl shaking in your arms took far more precedent.

"What kind of brute just throws people?!" the young man called, as you comforted the girl.

"Are you okay, my dear?"

"He threw me hard!" the young girl looked up at you, with tear filled puppy dog eyes.

"I know honey, but it's going to be okay. You're not going anywhere, I won't allow it. Why don't you go with the other girls?" You gently nudged her to the other young children, shaking as they looked up to their friend helplessly. It pinged your attention that two presences were headed your way. With luck it would be Shinobu.

"Give us back Miss Aoi!"

"Good grief, you're really that lame, no wonder the Demon Slayer Corps is getting weaker and weaker they're-"

You couldn't handle this anymore, the rage in you overflowing, "Uzui!" You called, "I don't know what mission you're going on but leave those girls alone. Are you really such a bastard you would take unwilling Corps members on your mission?"

"Wow, and here I thought you were the slightest bit flashy, guess your just as bad as the rest of these chumps. What does it matter? It's my mission I'll decide who to bring."

"Okay. Bring me instead."

"Wow, really thought that one through didn't you? I need more than one, obviously, why do you think I tried to take two of the kids? Even if you come I'm still gonna need this one." Tengen stuck his tongue out at you, as you hardened your resolve to kill him before a demon did.

It was getting harder and harder to not choose to forcefully remove her from his hands. You had tried to reason, you had tried to convince, but if fighting was going to be the only way to protect these girls, the Master surely would be able to forgive this one time-

"What if we went in place of Miss Aoi?" The young man called back.

"No! Damn it kid don't get yourself looped into this mess!"

"What do you mean we?" Uzui asked, ignoring you once more.

To the sides of him, two kids appeared, the two presences arriving. You looked closely as you saw a boy with the color of the sun for hair and another with..?

Okay a boars head, wow that's, wow ok. This is a really eventful day. New Corps members really know how to make a name for themselves at least.

The tension hung in the air as the four of you looked up at the Hashira on the roof .

"Who the hell are you two? Got something to say?"

It wasn't hard to tell as they talked back to Tengen he would do whatever it took to get this mission started. His cold gaze shook the three, but you shot it right back. You would not let a man like this shake you.

"Alright, fine. Guess I'm taking the four of you with me instead." You should've been relieved he had relented, but you were more focused on Uzui's obnoxious eye roll. What did he have to roll his eyes at? The four of you were the ones who would have to deal with him for a whole mission.

Still, you couldn't help sighing in relief. Having to fight another Hashira especially around these children wouldn't have been fun in the slightest. But still you couldn't shake the very upsetting feeling this wasn't a simple mission. Now more than ever you felt a strong urge to keep your guard up, and of course, to have a strong word with Uzui.