ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11

You arrived in front of a familiar restaurant with Xiao and Scaramouche

Your amber eyed friend read the sign infront outloud, "Wanmin Restaurant?"

"Yep!" you simply replied.

The trio then went inside the restaurant and noticed that there weren't that much people dining in.

You excitedly smiled and headed straight to an empty table.

Confused by your sudden positive mood Scaramouche looked at Xiao with raised eyebrow which he received only a shrug.

You sat down on one of the empty chairs while the other two male sat opposite of you, both sitting next to each other.

You scan the restaurant, looking for something or someone.

"Who are you looking for?" Xiao asked, voicing out Scaramouche's thoughts.

You immediately respond, "Layla and Shenhe."

"I doubt Shenhe is in since it's the weekend but I know that it's Layla's shift today."

"Layla works at weekends..?" Xiao questions you, he sounded baffled that someone would work at rest days.

"Unfortunately she does." you sigh. "We've told her not to take shifts at weekends but she would counter us with saying 'her weekdays being busied with schoolworks'."

"Ah."

Scaramouche decided to ask after being silent all this time, "Schoolworks? Don't everyone you know would already have finished college by now?"

"The Sumeru Akademiya is a little different from other college's." you casually reply still looking around which surprised the indigo headed male.

"I'm sure you're aware of the Akademiya's education system since you wanted to go there for college right?"

Scaramouche blinked, "...Yeah."

He was confused to say the least. You were talking to him in the same manner you use when talking with Xiao.

The dark headed male next to him looked at him and questioned, "You wanted to go in the Sumeru Akademiya? Did you pass?"

Before Scaramouche can say anything you answered for him, "He did. He even passed but he rejected it for some reason."

"What? You rejected an acceptance from the Sumeru Akademiya? Why the hell would you do that? You know how hard it is to get accepted in that college?" Xiao bombarded him with questions right after another in disbelief.

Scaramouche glanced at you. He didn't reject it just because of some reason.

You flashed him a mocking smirk which confirms that you still remember why.

You both knew that he rejected it because he 'wanted' to study at the Teyvat College, coincidentally where you chose to study at.

In other words, he rejected it because he wanted to be where you were.