ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

"Raiden Scaramouche, the only son of the Raiden Family, nice to finally meet you

"Raiden Scaramouche, the only son of the Raiden Family, nice to finally meet you."

You look at his outstretched hand that was waiting for your own to shake hands with.

Those words...
you thought and looked at his face.

His lips was formed in a straight line as his indigo eyes looked at you intently, waiting for you to do the same.

The tone of his voice and how he said it sounded like he had said it so many times before.

It was void of any obvious emotions and sounded... rehearsed?

But just hearing those words made you feel a little nostalgic to the first time you met him.

"Raiden Kunikuzushi, the son of Raiden Ei, nice to meet you."

Now that you think about it, he seemed so proud to be the son of the Raiden Ei before.

Just for a quick moment, you saw the old Kunikuzushi's face flicker on his face.

"Hello?"

The same voice of the male brought you back out of your trance.

Scaramouche clicked his tongue, "Are you going to shake my hand or what?"

"Be patient." you mumbled.

You gathered all your courage and hesitantly shook his hand,

"Y/N L/N."

He scoffed, "That's it? Nothing else?"

You glared at him and quickly took your hand back to your side.

"Yeah? What'd you expect, a fake 'nice to meet you too?' I'd rather not."

"Seems you've changed alot huh..." he muttered.

You didn't hear him and only saw him saying a few words while looking at you with a weird look on his face, "Excuse me? I can't hear you."

"Not my problem your ears have hearing problems." he crossed his arms and smirked.

"Why you—"

"Can you both stop provoking each other?" Xiao interrupted you.

Both you and the indigo haired male looked at him as your friend seemed tired at hearing all your constant back and forth insults.

"To an outsider, seeing the both of you interact like that may make them assume that you both know each other." he said.

"Well we don't and we just don't get along." you say.

"Isn't that right, Scaramouche?" you asked tauntingly and looked at the said male.

Scaramouche simply rolled his eyes.

"Whatever you say, princess."

As soon as those words left his mouth, you glared at him with furrowed eyebrows.