- 29 -

“Get your finger out of my ear tedros.” I said as I swatted at him.

“Is this your new suit of armor?” he asked as he examined my embroidered cape.

“Yeah it's pretty cool isn't it.” I said as I gave him a little spin.

“You look great.” he complimented.

Tedros and I continued to make friendly conversation and Tristan eventually joined us. We were goofing off until it was time for the orientation to begin. Tedros went up to the balcony and I decided to walk around telling all the princes good luck.

I walked towards an anxious looking prince with red hair and held out my hand. I had never seen him before so I assumed he had just arrived at the school this semester. He looked distracted until I said something to grab his attention.

“What's your name?” I asked as i finally caught his attention.

“Oh, uh, gregor, gregor charming.” he said as he took my hand and shook it.

“Well Gregor charming, I can tell you're nervous so if there's anything i can do to help you just let me know.” I offered.

“Do you know what's about to happen?” he asked nervously.

“Oh yea, you guys are going to go out and make all the princesses scream then tedros is going to come out and throw all of you to the ground then i'm going to come out and throw him to the ground.” I said calmly.

“Oh.” he said with a nervous gulp.

“I'll tell him not to hurt you.” I said as I patted him on the shoulder and jogged away to go talk to tedros.

I ran up the stairs of the balcony and caught his attention. I saw Gregor looking at me nervously once again so I gave him a thumbs up and a reassuring smile as he and the everboys lined up for the performance.

“Hey tedros-” i started as i reverted my attention to him, “try not to hurt anyone especially the ginger kid. His name is gregor." I said quickly before I started going back down the stairs.

“You know I don't actually try to hurt them right?” he asked as he chuckled.

I gave him an ‘are you sure’ look then moved out of sight as he laughed. I tightened my mask and waited as the everboys left the room. I let out an audible scoff as the princesses squealed.

“Are you going to imitate their squeals again?” tedros asked abruptly.

“Nah i'm saving my voice to insult you out there.” I said sarcastically.

“You're joking.” Tedros said, returning the sarcasm.

“You're right, I am. I would never insult you, it would hurt your ego too much." I said with a laugh.

“Can you start being flirty again i like you better when your trying to-”

“I'm not like the other girls.” I interrupted as I imitated his voice badly.

“Oh my gosh!” he said as he groaned loudly.

“Come on, I know you don't actually hate it.” I said in a flirtatious but still sarcastic manner.

“You're lucky I'm in love with you.” he said with another groan.

“I didn’t need luck for you to like me. Deep deep down you're glad I can put you in your place because you're tired of girls batting their eyes at you.” I said dramatically.

“I'm so done with you.” he said.

“No you're not.” I countered.

“No I'm not.” he said as he sighed.