ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx**

October 1st, 2018

-

The Hall residence

-

Narrative-

Josh, Vanessa, and Bryce ate breakfast together and caught up. After, Vanessa felt tired so her and Josh took a little nap for a while. After, they had to help Bryce set up for his party which is what they're doing now.

Bryce- No! The drinks go over there and the alcohol goes over here! Also make sure you guys shut the blinds to the pool doors. Mom and dad don't want people in the pool.

Josh and I both share an annoyed look before getting back to work. Bryce wanted everything perfect but he didn't want to do it himself so I don't know how he expects it to be perfect.

Josh was fluffing these fluffy lamp things that Bryce had to have while I was watching him, bored. He caught me staring and smiled.

Josh- What's up?

Vanessa- Nothing. You're just... so handsome. And all mine.

Josh smiles again, stopping what he was doing. He stands in front of me, between my legs because I was sitting on the counter.

Josh- Damn right I'm all yours.

I smile before Josh kisses me. The kiss quickly gets heated and his hands travel up my thighs. My hands were tangled in his hair and we were seconds away from ripping each others clothes off, which would not have been good for me, when Bryce walks in.

Josh and I haven't even mentioned anything remotely sexual since the rape. I knew he was waiting for me to verbally tell him that I was ready to do anything but I also knew no sex was driving him crazy which I was using to my advantage. I knew Josh wouldn't do anything to hurt me and I knew he'd be gentle but I didn't know if I was ready.

Bryce- Damn- let's keep it PG people.

Josh pulls away but his eyes don't leave mine. I glance away after a minute or two and I look at Bryce.

Vanessa- You're kind of interrupting.

Bryce- That's impossible. I can't disturb people on my birthday.

I roll my eyes before looking back at Josh.

Josh- I love you.

Josh mouths and I smile.

Vanessa- I love you too.

I mouth back. We share another single kiss before I jump off the counter.

Vanessa- Why are you being insane? It's a birthday, you gotta calm down.

Bryce- Okay it's not about the birthday. It's about you.

Vanessa- Me? Why me?

Bryce- Because the last time you were at a party, it didn't go very well. I just don't want anything to happen to you.

Vanessa- Nothings going to happen Bryce. You and Josh are here and nothing will happen.

Bryce- I mean I guess but things happen V.

Vanessa- I know they do. If something happens, it happens but it probably won't. I'll be okay.

Bryce nods. He walks towards me and pulls me into a hug. It was a beautiful moment, one i'll probably remember for the rest of my life. I loved my brother dearly and it melted my heart that he loved me so much. I got lucky with Bryce. So incredibly lucky.