ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

July 10th, 2019

-

Michigan Hospital

-

Narrative-

Vanessa and Joshes families had waited 4 hours to hear anything about Vanessa's condition, Finally, after four agonizing hours, an ER nurse came in and explained that Vanessa did absolutely amazing during the surgery and she would come back when Vanessa woke up and was ready to see everyone.

Cooper, Anna, and Gia arrived shortly before the nurse came to talk to them. Josh caught them up and the girls said hi to Vanessa's parents and Bryce. Then, everyone sat there in the waiting room, waiting very impatiently to hear more about Vanessa's condition.

Vanessa's POV

I woke up in a room that was sectioned off by one long tan curtain. I felt tired and sore and my throat hurt like a bitch. I look to my right to see a nurse checking my vitals. She notices I was awake and smiled.

Nurse- How are you feeling honey?

Vanessa- Sore. Can I see my boyfriend? And my family?

My voice sounded raspy.

Nurse- Do you want me to bring everyone back? There was your boyfriend, your parents, and your brother, another older couple, 3 girls about your age, and another boy about 17/18.

My mind was still foggy and I didn't remember that many people being here before but I just went with it.

Vanessa- Sure.

The nurse leaves the curtained room and I was left by myself. I listened to patients next to me waking up and asking for their families. I listened to nurses talking at the nurse's station which entertained me until everyone came in. I saw Liv, Gia, Anna, and Cooper first. I really just wanted Josh and my parents and Bryce but I was really happy to see them. Anna immediately grabs my hand, tears welling in her eyes.

Anna- Hey gorgeous.

I smile, covering my face.

Vanessa- I look like shit.

I chuckle. I look to my left where I was the boys lined up next to my bed, Josh being the closest to me than Bryce then Cooper.

Vanessa- You're a liar.

I was looking right at Josh. He chuckles before responding.

Josh- Why is that?

Vanessa- You said you'd be here when I woke up.

Everyone chuckles and I smile.

Josh- I'm sorry baby but I'm here now.

I nod, smiling up at him before talking to everyone else for a while. The nurse took me back to my room and Cooper, Anna, and Gia left to go check in at their hotel.

Vanessa- Mom?

I watched as my mom stopped helping my dad and Josh make the pull-out couch into a bed.

Lisa- Yeah honey?

She says, walking over to me.

Vanessa- When can I go home?

My mom smiles.

Lisa- I don't know love. Soon, I promise.

I nod, shivering a little bit.