ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ

September 6th, 2019

-

Maryland airport

-

Narrative

Vanessa had used Joshes phone to look at the tweets from Chase that everyone was talking about. After she got done reading his tweet she read Bryces replied which pissed her off even more. They argued the whole way to the airport and they're still arguing.

Vanessa- That's not the fucking point Bryce. People are going to put 2 and 2 together and I don't need people knowing what happened. Plus, then it becomes a legal thing. You know I didn't want that.

Bryce- Oh my god I'm sorry that I was defending you! Have you even stopped and thought about how much of an asshole you've been to me today? I introduce you my girlfriend and your pissed because I didn't tell you sooner. You're pissed because of Chase, you're pissed because you've been an asshole to Josh and now you're pissed because I called out a rapist.

I was speechless. I hadn't even thought of how my actions had affected him.

Vanessa- Bryce I-

Bryce- It's whatever V. We're going to be late.

Bryce and Addison walk towards our gate while Josh and I stay behind. I look up at Josh with tears in my eyes and he immediately hugs me. He just held me until he couldn't anymore because we were about to miss our flight.

Josh- He'll come around baby.

Josh says as we were walking to our gate.

Vanessa- But he was right and I didn't even realize it until he said it aloud. I've been rude to you, i've been rude to him and he's my life long best friend Josh. I don't know what i'm supposed to do.

Josh- Baby, you haven't been rude, you've been distance. There's a difference. I don't know how it's been with Bryce but I know how it's been with us and you've just been distant.

I look up at him as he spoke. That's when I realized, really realized, that he wasn't mad or upset or sad. He was hurt and disappointed.

Vanessa- I'm sorry Josh. I didn't mean to push you away and I have no excuse. I should've talked to you.

Josh- I'm not mad at you love. I know why you were being distant now and I get it, okay?

I smile but it quickly fades.

Vanessa- Its still not an excuse. I had no right to treat you that way and if it was the other way around- this would be way different. It's not fair Josh.

Josh- It wouldn't be different though. When I lost my phone in LA, we didn't talk for a couple days and nothing was different.

I thought about what he said. I thought back to how I felt and I realized that what I felt then is what he felt. I didn't want him to ever feel that way again.

Vanessa- I promise I'll never make you feel that way again.

I look up at Josh and he was smiling.

Josh- Okay. I promise too.

And with that, we were at our gate and we got on the plane.

When we arrived in LA, we met up with Bryce and Addison and we all took an uber to the hotel. Bryce still wouldn't talk to me which was really disappointing. We arrived at the hotel pretty quickly. Josh and I went to our room while Addison and Bryce went to theirs. Their room was right next to ours.

Josh- Are you gonna talk to him?

Josh asks, coming up behind me as I was doing my makeup for the party.

Vanessa- He doesn't want to talk to me right now and I completely get. I fucked up. I hurt him and I don't know if I can take it back.

Josh- Siblings fight V but they also make up because they're family and they love each other. You both owe it to each other to apologize and stop fighting. Plus, I can't handle you two not talking.

I chuckle and I saw Josh smile.

Vanessa- Fine I'll talk to him. For you though.

Josh- Thank you.

Josh wraps his arms around my waist from behind and places his chin on my shoulder.

Josh- Are you sure you don't wanna have a little fun before we go?

I laugh as Josh kisses my neck.

Vanessa- Yes I'm sure. It'll be more enjoyable if the lead up is longer.

Josh- I highly disagree with that.

I laugh at Joshes enthusiasm.

I quickly finish my makeup and get dressed. It took me a while to find the outfit I wanted to wear, especially knowing Chase was going to be there. I didn't wanna wear something too revealing but I wanted to look cute. After I was finished getting ready, I walked over to Bryce's room by myself to talk to him. I knocked on the door lightly and after a couple of seconds, Bryce opens the door.

Bryce- V...

Vanessa- I'm so sorry Bryce. I don't want us to fight. I hate fighting with you. I love you and I think the reason we're both being distant is because we don't want to lose each other. You're moving away and I don't wanna lose you. I won't see you everyday, we probably won't talk everyday. I'm so proud of you but selfishly, I want you to stay. And I know you can't but if you can't stay, promise me we'll still be like we are now?

A small smile creeps onto Bryce's face.

Bryce- I love you little sis. No matter how far away I am, no matter how mad at each other we are, no matter how hurt we are. I love you, always and forever. You won't lose me and I'll make sure we talk every single day until you wish you never made me promise that. I promise you, nothing will change.

I smile. I react to his words by hugging him and I don't let go. Neither of us cried because it wasn't a sad thing. This moment wasn't meant to be sad. It was meant to be a wholesome, whole hearted moment or conversation between two sibling who i've each other very, very much.

@VanessHall

Caption- brycie boo @brycehall

A.N

Soo i made a bet with myself that I couldn't get this out before i had to go to sleep. Welllll we got it out but it's kinda shit. Anyways, i'll be editing tomorrow. Goodnight, have a great night or day 🫶🏼