ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

June 19th, 2019

-

Phoenix, Arizona

-

Narrative

Last night, Cooper and Gia ended up sleeping on a couch in Josh and Vanessa's hotel room. They all talked about whatever all night. Vanessa knew they were trying to help her get her mind off all the Chase stuff and honestly, it worked. She didn't think about him all night until everyone fell asleep. Gia fell asleep first, then Cooper, and then Josh. Vanessa watched Josh sleep for a little bit, her mind 100% on him. But then as she was falling asleep her thoughts switched over to Chase so Vanessa ended up having a nightmare about Chase and when she woke up at 4:30 am, she woke Josh up too.

Josh- What happened baby?

Josh sits up next to me, rubbing my back. I flinch a little bit from the sudden touch but I think Josh was too tired to notice.

Vanessa- I- I had a nightmare. I'm sorry I woke you up.

I look at Josh, who looked exhausted.

Josh- It's okay baby. I have to be up at 6 anyways.

Vanessa- It's 4:30.

Josh- Whatever it's fine. The events don't even start until ten but I wanna catch our manager before all the chaos.

I nod, looking forward.

Vanessa- I have to pee.

Josh nods as I get out of the bed and I carefully walk to the bathroom, trying not to wake up Gia or Cooper. When I come out of the bathroom, Josh was asleep again. I smile, walking over to the side of the bed I was sleeping on. I move Joshes arm so I could lay on Joshes chest. He wraps his arm around me and rests his head on top of mine.

Vanessa- Goodnight Josh.

I mumble, thinking he couldn't hear me and that he was asleep. I realized after I went to the bathroom that I was actually still very tired despite the nightmare. I thought I'd be up all night and then I'd probably sleep all day but that was not the case at all. I heard Josh say something before I drifted off to sleep.
I woke up around an hour and a half later to Josh kissing my head and telling me he was leaving. I nod, still half asleep. Josh left the room and I almost immediately fell back asleep.

Joshes POV

After I left the room and went into the hallway, I immediately saw Chase pacing the hallways. It took everything in me to not beat the shit out of him, right then and there. I knew it would make it worse and Vanessa was such a nonviolent person so I knew that me hitting him would not make her feel better. Plus, I could get kicked out of tour instead of Chase which is not what we want.
Chase stops pacing when he sees me and I could see the tears in his eyes.

Chase- I fucked up Josh.

I couldn't give 2 shits but at least he knew what he did was fucked up.

Josh- You fucked up? That's seriously what you're saying to me right now? You did way more than fucking up, you fucking assaulted a girl tonight and you're calling it a fuck up. Pathetic.

I say, chuckling. It wasn't really funny but I was tired and it was borderline comical. I start walking to the elevator.

Chase- Wait! Where are you going?

I turn around, walking back towards Chase.

Josh- I'm going to go talk to the manager to get your ass kicked out so my girlfriend doesn't have to see your pathetic ass face!