10

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng where working in the puqi shrines gardens. The thought I would be nice to visit the villagers, answer some prayers, and take care of their home.

Xie Lian was humming, pulling some weeds until he paused, a weed still in his hand.

It was any normal moment with silence between the couple, giving time for Xie Lians thoughts to roam. Today he just had a thought.

"San Lang?" He called him softly, the sound of his voice clearly portraying the gears turning in his head.

"En?" Hua Cheng looked up to his husband after planting a new sapling.

"How old are we? Eight hundred...two? No...aiyah..." It's been a long time since he counted his age. No god truly keeps track, most just round to the nearest century. In all honesty he lost count a around one hundred fifty two.

Hua Cheng laughed at his husband's antics. How adorable he looks with his face scrunched up in deep thought. "I'm really thinking! 100...200...300... what year is it?" . Hua Cheng only laughed harder when he started counting with his fingers.

"San Lang!" Xie Lian put his fists on his hips, dirting his robes. But he could care less right now.

Hua Cheng sighed, coming down from his mirth. "Ah you are too endearing." He shook his head, smiling.

"You are currently eight hundred fifty eight. This one is eight hundred fifty one." Hua Cheng stated. Xie Lian looked taken aback. "Have you counted all this time?" His arms fell to his sides in astonishment. "En."

Ah. Of course he did. Such a believer with infinite devotion will most definitely keep track of his birthdays. He made a mental note every year on his birthday and knowing his own age wasn't hard knowing that they were 7 years apart.

Xie Lian smiled fondly. Such admiration makes his heart swell. Xie Lian scooted closer and cupped his husband's cheek. "Such an attentive husband, what am I gonna do with you, huh?" Hua Chengs smiled turned cheeky.
"Clean the dirt you got on me maybe?" Xie Lian looked and realized he was holding his cheek with one of his dirty hands. "Ah! Sorry San Lang!"

"It alright, we're even see? Both of our faces have dirt." Xie Lian raised his brow and touched his face...no dirt?

Suddenly he felt a hand smear mud in his cheek. Xie Lian gasped. "San Lang!" His husband just look at him like an innocent child and snickered. "Oops." Xie Lian giggled. "Come here you!" Xie Lian chased after Hua Cheng around the shrine with a handful of mud.

Villagers nearby saw silly but warm scene of the couple, and smiled and giggled at their antics.

It's always a blessing when the couple comes to town.