7

YALL DONT MIND ME IF YOU SAW THIS PUBLISHED IT WASN'T FINISHED AND I MISCLICKED. I swear it happen too many times I apologize 😭😭 ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS HERES A LONG ASS CHAPTER AS A GIFT FOR YOU.

Hua Cheng. The Supreme ghost king was viewed as a menace. One of the only ghosts that shook the heavens to its core. His confidence shines bright within his cocky signature smirk. And somehow married to the crown prince?

The heavens at first genuinely thought that Xie Lian, with his awful luck, got hit by a some brainwashing or love spell that was conjured by the ghost king himself to get his way with him.
Much to their dismay it was quickly found untrue. Simply seeing how the ghost king and the god look at each other with soft gazes and loving eyes they had to have realized that their love was pure.

Unfortunately Mu Qing and Feng Xin are still suspicious.

One afternoon Hua Cheng was casually sweeping the puqi shrine humming a soft tune. His husband was out running simple errands and insisted that he didn't need help. Hua Cheng understood and stayed home to get done house work. A few years after the disappearance of Hua Cheng they slowly started to stop clinging to each other, finding that they should be independent from time to time.

Hua Cheng heard a sturdy knock from the door. He abruptly stopped singing and frowned. He felt the presence of godly power. It wasn't Xie Lian. It wasn't his husbands for 3 reasons

1. It was pure divine power. None of his evil essence was layering that aura.
2. Xie Lians energy had a specific warmth and embrace to it. These ones where just sharp and distasteful.
3. Why would he knock?? This is their home after all.

He swept up all the dirt and dust to the side and placed the broom down with a huff.
Another rushed knock. Hua Cheng rolled his eye and took heavy, annoyed steps to the entrance.
The visitors heard the bells clanging, announcing that the ghost king is home.

He opened the door. Its Mu Qing and Feng Xin. Hua Cheng looked more than displeased at this point. "Lian isn't here today. He's off doing errands." The gods looked taken aback. They had never head his highness' husband say his given name. It was always 'his highness' or 'gege'.

Over time Xie Lian had broken down a couple of walls that was put up that shielded his husband's heart. They build trust and understanding. Both Xie Lian and Hua Cheng learned how to better show their vulnerability to one another.

Also unlearning old habits they done to survive in past experiences; such as waking up abruptly with their guard up and ready to fight.

They are safe with little worries now, and now they are taking the time to prosses trauma and spend quality time with each other.

"Since when did you get to call Xie Lian that?" Feng Xin asked with audacity.

"And who's business is that to brood over?" Hua Cheng asked in a bored tone. "Listen just because your married to him doesn't mean we have less suspicion of you." Mu Qing crossed his arms in retaliation.

Hua Cheng quirked a brow and smirked. "Oh? Suspicion? Do you think I made him fall in love with me by an eeeevil curse to take over the heavens?" He teased, waving his fingers while elongating the word evil. Hua Cheng burst into small chuckles. "OoOoOo your next!" He waves his arms around to mimic how mortal children try to imitate a ghost. Hua Cheng then started laughing.

The two gods looked at each other with an indescribable look.

What's the kicker is that they actually thought that.

"What the fuck, is his highness rubbing off of you or something-" Feng Xin asked, he seemed more happier than before, and he didn't start yelling. "Slightly. I'd still skin you alive if you annoy me enough, though Lain would be displeased if I did so." He said clearing his throat from laughing so hard. "Riiiight- well we only came to visit his highness-"