6

Xie Lian had just returned home to the paradise mansion. He had to stay in heaven for the day to solve a few issues within the heavenly court. This was honestly annoying and a drag for the god, he only wanted to see his husband all day.
Now the day is nearly over. The sun was setting and Xie Lian couldn't be more happier and excited to see his beloved.

Xie Lian opened the doors to their home and walked to Hua Chengs office. "San Lang! I'm home!"
Hua Cheng perked up hearding his voice, putting down the brush from calligraphy practice. "Gege! Welcome home" Hua Cheng said in delight and stood up. Xie Lian paused for a second. His beloveds voice sounded lighter and a little higher. He took a better look and he- she, was in her female form.

"San Niang?" Xie Lian asked. Hua Cheng nodded hesitantly.

"May I ask why am I blessed to see my wife today?" Xie Lian walked to her and brought his hand on her more pronounced hips. "This one felt...like San Niang today." She said slowly, nervous of being judged in any way. Xie Lian quickly caught on to her gestures and reassured her. "Ah, well she is very beautiful. I missed San Niang, heaven made me stay all day." He sighed and leaned in to kiss his wife. Hua Cheng hummed into their sweet, welcoming kiss.

Hua Cheg pulled away. "Gege doesn't mind this form?" She said lightly, playing with her husband's hair. Xie Lians heart flutter at the gesture, her voice too. Her voice was very pretty. It was a mildly deep voice for a woman, but it was earthy and smooth. Just as it was in her male form, just slightly higher. Xie Lian made himself focus back to reality and possess what she said. "Why do you ask that?" He finally said.
"I thought you'd like me as a male better..." She explained, playing with Xie Lians hands. Her hand where a bit smaller than his now, she compared their size to see. Xie Lian chuckled at how adorable she was. "I love all of you. I love San Lang and I love San Niang all the same. I have no preferences in gender, darling. As long as my San Niang is comfortable in her own skin." Hua Cheng looked shell-shocked, her face flushed a bright red. She'd originally thought Xie Lian swung towards men. So, Hua Cheng stayed in her male form even when she felt female. Just for her husband comfort.

"Do you feel like San Niang all the time?" Xie Lian continuted, cupping his wife's cheek. Hua Cheng leaned into his touch and shook her head. "I like being San Lang most of the time...but sometimes I like being San Niang..." Xie Lian nodded, taking in the new information. Then, he thought of something. "Has...has San Niang stayed in her male form...for me?" He looked up at her. Sure, Hua Cheng is now in a form of a woman, but her height has barely changed. She might be a few inches shorter, he couldn't tell at the moment.

Hua Cheng nodded and turned her head to the side in shame. "Oh sweetheart..." He cooed, rubbing the front of his wifes hand with his thumb. "I wish you would have told me sooner...gege doesn't want his beloved to feel uncomfortable." Xie Lian kissed her hand.

"It ok gege, I can handle it, I've delt with it for years it's-" Hua Cheng was cut off with a stern voice. "No, San Niang. Just because you have felt this way for years doesn't mean that you can ignore it now. If you want to be San Niang, this one does not mind. If you want to be San Lang, once more, I do not mind. As long as you are true to yourself, my love, no matter your gender, your appearance, something absolutely silly that you said when you where 12-" Hua Cheng snorted at that. "-this one loves you just the way you are. Okay?"

Hua Chengs tense stature melted away. She smiled fondly and embraced her god. "Thank you, gege. I love you so much." Is like she fell in love all over again. She absolutely loved how upon her husband seeing her form, he gave not a second to instantly use the correct pronouns. Xie Lian wrapped his arms around his wife. "There's no need to thank me, darling."

Xie Lian then looked to the side and saw he calligraphy papers scattered on the desk. Only half a page was done and the rest had little doodles on them. "San Niang! You barely did a page!" Hua Cheng groaned. "I couldn't focus without Gege by my side!" They said in dramatic exasperation. "San Niang is even distracted when I'm by her side!" Xie Lian retorted playfully. "You have to finish your work, beloved" Xie Lian pushed the papers into one pile.

Hua Cheng sighed again. "But gege, this one is so tired from transforming today, she need cuddles from her husband to recharge!" She exaggerated and crossed her arms with a pout. Xie Lian giggled at how silly she was being. "Ok ok fine. This one is tired from today's work anyway, let's call it a day." Hua Cheng nodded and brought them to to their bedroom.

They both took off their outer robes and climbed into bed, snuggling up to eachother. "Good night San Niang."

"Good night gege." She petted Xie Lians hair as he drifted to sleep.

Xie Lian woke to a slight clatter of a tray on the bedside table. He moved his hands to reach his lover but their bed side was empty. "San Niang?" Xie Lian called in a groggy morning voice. "I'm here, love." Hua Cheng sat on the bed. Xie Lian felt the bed dip. Though his eyes are still closed, he could hear the change in his beloved voice. Different from San Niangs form. "San Lang." He corrected himself, drowsily drifting to his husband's touch. Hua Cheng hummed in conformation. "I made gege breakfast." He said, combing through his husband's hair. "Mmf,  laterr." Xie Lian lazily spoke as he basically crawled to his husband's lap and burried his head in Hua Chengs stomach.

Hua Cheng giggled at Xie Lians comment. He was incredibly adorable in his eyes at this moment. "Gege needs to go to that meeting, remember?" Xie Lian groaned. "I rather be with my husband. San Lang is a great pillow." He drew out his sentence for emphasis. Xie Lian heard a fond laugh. One he'd never forget. Ever. Then wet drops where felt on his hair.

Xie Lian turned to look at his husband. He was crying "San Lang? What happened San Lang?" He said quickly, cupping his cheek to wipe away his tears.
"Ah...this one is ok. I'm just so happy..." His voice croaked softly. Xie Lian gave his ghost a small affectionate smile. "I'm happy too, San Lang." He leaned for a loving kiss.

"Gege is so attentive, he is so quick to reply with husband or wife... you are going to be the death of me." Xie Lian gave a soft 'awwww' and rubbed his cheek once more. "Anything for my beloved. I'd turn the heavens upside down for you." He peppered kisses on Hua Chengs damp face. "And I know you would too my love." And that he would.