3

Takes place before Xie Lians thirds ascension. Hua cheng and him got married 50 years before his ascension. Quite litteraly no one knew about their marriage except for the ghost city.

"...San Lang...?" Xie Lians voice was a tad shaky as he hesitantly spoke. Hua Cheng picked up on his husband's discomfort and immediately put down his calligraphy brush and faced him with a worried look. "Are you ok, beloved?"

Xie Lian nodded his head, but still wore an undescribeable look. "I-I'm ok, but I wanted to talk to you about something."

Hua chengs non existent heart sank, and his thoughts ran back and forth; Is he unhappy? Does he realize how lowly his is and want to leave? Does he want to end their marriage?

Xie lian saw his husband's face and quickly comforted him. "I love you, forever and always, my San Lang. What I wish to talk about isn't about that." Xie Lian hugged him close. Hua cheng took a deep breath of relief and burried his face in his husband's chest.

The god slowly moved away fromntheir embrace and held his husband's hands, looking into his eye. "What I want to say is..." Xie Lian looked away for a second. He quickly snapped back to his gaze. He wanted to look sure of himself.

  "I'm...I...do not wish to be a God anymore..." Xie Lian started. Hua Cheng was caught off guard, eyes widening, but he kept listening. "I already have everything, and I am so happy with you. I realize now after your showering of love and affection, that the heavens never treated me right or fairly." Hua Cheng nodded in agreement, he absolutely despised the heavans for treating his beloved like second handed trash.

"So, now since you have broken my shackles...and I'm not exactly immortal anymore..." Uh oh, Hua Cheng didn't like where this was going. "I want to die and become a ghost like you." Xie Lian said quickly, and surprisingly with confidence. Hua Cheng stiffened. "I know I'd be ok, and still grounded on the earth because of my love for you. Just like how you're here." Xie Lian spoke again to reassure Hua Cheng. The ghost king looked down.

There was a moment of silence before Hua Cheng spoke. "I will not lie, this will not be easy for San Lang..." Xie Lian understood completely and kissed his cheek for comfort. "But if his highness wants this San Lang will be there to assist." Xie Lians gaze softened and kissed his husband sweetly. "Thank you for telling me how you feel about this San Lang, I know it'll be hard...I'm so sorry...but I'll be back, just like how you always come back to me." Xie Lian combed through his husband's Raven hair.

  They've decided to talk it through a bit. They discussed that if he did not wish to be a God anymore then his prayers would have to stop stop. That means Hua Cheng would have to stop his prayers to his god as well. However, that would be a slower death.
   Xie Lian explained how a god life is viewed as great and forever long. On the contrary, it's actually hard and with constant worry. Worry about your followers, and how their beliefs and loyalty on you could waver at any second. He did not wish his lover to see him die painfully slow like that. So he wished to die now than later. He had lived longer than he should have anyway.

They both agreed on one thing. Hua cheng grabbed his dice and brought them both to the amory.
Xie Lian looked at Hua Cheng and kissed him longingly for the last time before he went away. He moved away slowly as if his husband would shatter at any sudden movement.

Xie Lian grabbed his sword from the wall. And looked at his husband silently asking 'are you ready?' Hua Cheng pirced his lips and nodded.

Xie Lian raised the sword away from his body, and quickly plunged it right into his heart for a quicker death. He realized quickly that pain never came. Sure, his pain tolerance is infamous but he knew this must have stung a bit. He also hadn't realized he squinted his eyes tightly shut until now, when he opened them.

He saw that his husband had caught him when he stumbled back. "San La-" He was ready to scold Hua Cheng because he thought that he was healing him and that's why he didn't feel pain but he looked down and saw that he was still bleeding out. He was numbing the pain. "Ah, thank you, love." Xie Lian grabbed the sword and ripped it out from his chest so that he would bleed out quicker.

"This one couldn't bare to see Lian-er in pain." Hua Cheng voiced shakily. He had also used his husbands given name. He only really said that name when he was very vulnerable or when he was asked to. Xie Lain cupped Hua Chengs cheeck. "It's ok beloved, LianLian will be just fine." Xie Lain noticed that I got significantly harder to speak, time is almost up. He coughed up blood and thought about how difficult this is for his beloved. He felt guilt deep in his stomach. Xie Lian new that he had to hurry up an gain a physical form once he dies so his San Lang wouldnt have to wait so long. The dying god sighed and caressed his lovers hair. "I got to go soon. I'll be back as quick as I can, I love you to the stars and back, San Lang." Xie Lian was getting sleepy, darkness consumed him, and his body went limp, his hand slowing falling to his side. Hua Cheng held him close as a tear escaped his eye, and soon, many more followed. Hua Cheng looked down at their red string. I was flickering, on and off, before its visibility dissapated completly.

"I...love you too...Xie Lian."