12

This is not a request, it was just sitting in my drafts collecting dust. So, here!!

_________________________________

  Lately...Xie Lian's husband has been distant. Their hugs every day are now only initiated by Xie Lian, as well as their kisses, small touches and caresses...It has been months now, and it's worrying him. He's afraid if he's feeling unwell...or his love has run cold...no don't think that. Of course it wouldn't. That's the last thing he should think about.

Hua Cheng has dedicated his life to him if that were the case, wouldn't he disperse?

That settles it. Xie Lian concluded that communication is better than none and that he should bring it up.

"San Lang I'm back." He announced, walking into his office after a long day in the heavens. "Ah, welcome back your highness." Hua Cheng smiled and looked up from his work papers.

Usually, he would get up and smother him with all the love he had, but he just sat and spoke with formalities. Xie Lian's brows furrowed, and his smile became worried. "San Lang...what's the matter?" He walked closer and leaned on his desk. "Whatever do you mean?" Hua Cheng looked to the side as if he were afraid.

"San Lang has been distant lately...I wanted to leave you be at first, however, this one is getting worried...what happened? Did I do something?" Xie Lian's smile faded as he spoke, he wanted to really show how concerned he was.

"No! His highness never did wrong to this one, it's just..."
Hua chengs voice faltered. "En?" Xie Lian tried to encourage him.

"Do I not seem too...obsessed? With you? Crazy...for you?" He spoke slowly. Hua Cheng was fully aware that his world revolved around Xie Lian and only Xie Lian. If he weren't in this world any more, he would chase after him in another.

He understood very well that his fascination seems very unhealthy to other people, and he always subconsciously felt like he was too much. Too intense.

Oh. Xie Lian had thought. That's what this is about. Xie Lian sighed. "My beloved could never be too obsessed with me."

"But don't I make you feel uncomfortable? All of the statues of you, the paintings...this!" He pointed to his tattoo. "I am surely insane to be so grand with my gestures." He spoke so self-depreciatingly it hurt Xie Lian.

"San Lang...do you think I'm not insane? Not obsessed? I can assure you that I adore you just as such."

It's true, even gods tell him how unhealthy it is that he thinks about his husband 24/7. Almost every and any topic could lead him to saying, 'One time San Lang...' or 'Ah! San Lang said...'

"I don't... Gege isn't..." Hua Cheng said hesitantly. "San Lang, when you live for this long do you think we would be fully sane?" Well...of course not...Hua Cheng thought. "Our habits might be different for others, but that doesn't make it toxic...or unhealthy for us. Look at us. We are doing so much better! Healing together." Xie Lain moved behind his husband and hugged him.

Hua Cheng looked down in thought. Well his husband is right, so wise he was.

However, he still thought his grand gestures with his statues and paintings did not compare to how his husband claims how obsessed he is.

"Come with me, I want to show you something." He stretched out his arm for him to grab his hand. And he did. Always.

They walked until they reached wall. Xie Lian placed a hand on it and it turned into a door.

They walked inside and Hua Cheng saw papers almost everywhere, there was a wall, tall full of books, and a desk with piles of paper, ink, and quills. And a congruent room full of instruments played by Xie Lian and music sheets scattered everywhere.

"Here, I write about you, sing about you, play for you."Xie Lian said proudly.

Hua Cheng worships his husband with his skills, artistry, and architecture. Xie Lian worships his husband with his honed skills, calligraphy and music.

How sweet.

Hua Cheng tears up, moving to the desk while stepping carefully around the loose papers, reading the vast amount of stories and poems about them. About him. He moved to the shelves. One book about his eye, another about his face, his hair, how he walks, how he talks, it quite literally goes on. Half of the shelves were about him and his mannerisms and features. The other half about them as best friends, a couple, soulmates.

"Gege...I..."

"See San Lang? I am just as obsessed. Just as in love. Have you seen 400 pages about just your hands?" Xie Lain spoke quietly with a giggle. Hua Cheng hummed, moving to put a hand around his husband's waist and rest his head on his shoulder.

"We both might be a bit obsessed...but we're obsessed together, yeah?"

Hua Cheng looked down and saw many papers on the messy floor, however one called to him. He picked up the parchment paper from the floor. It's a poem in beautiful handwriting.

He smiled when he read, then answered,

"...En."

...

One that travels aimlessly with no resolve

Beside another that fights namelessly for the love of a God

Then, in solitude with nothing to lose nor gain

Now I walk under clouds of crimson rain

Content with the absence of the affible yellow sun

For he is more than bright enough

Warm enough

To be one

-For my love, Hua Cheng