Session 3.3: Lendrig's Hollow

Chapter III: Misty Streets, Clouded Minds

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The path to the Silver Maré was a little more complicated than Bregun led them to believe, but it did appear that the overall point was true. All the lines of algae did seem to lead to one building or another, but despite everyone's best efforts, they could not follow any to the tavern. Whatever the pattern, they could not crack it.

Of course, they need not have worried, the path ahead lead to a massive dead end. This dead end thankfully included a sign hanging above a door that simply read: Silver Maré.

The tavern was surprisingly crowded for the time of day, though considering their recent interaction with Bregun, perhaps this was the norm here.

Most of the tables were packed with an assortment of dwarves, human and Malenai, with the occasional elf. There was little in the way of merrymaking.. Everyone seemed to have their heads down, staring at the bottom of full glasses.

The barkeep seemed to share similar energy. She was a half orc, making her twice the size of everyone else in the bar save Hamish. She was lazily cleaning the same murky glass as she eyed her patrons warily. A large fang protruded out from below her upper lip, seeming to leave her face in a constant scowl.

Their entrance had drawn some heads, but most seemed to return to staring at their drinks and hushed whispers in short order. Argent looked about for an open spot at the counter, quietly taking the spot before anyone could object.

The barkeep eyed him a moment before commenting in a gruff voice, "Don't think I've seen you around here before. You new in town?"

Argent nodded.

The barkeep eyed them all with sunken black eyes, then grunted, "What can I get ya?"

"Information," Argent said, then turned to everyone, "but I believe my compatriots may be more interested in drink?"

Ari's ears perked excitedly, but after thinking a moment, she mumbled out, "It's a little early, I should probably pass."

Hamish leaned over and whispered, "Good friend, I was hoping to drink myself, would you mind joining me despite early hour?"

Ari smiled and gave a slight nod, "One small cup of Lilac Wine, please."

The half orc stared at Ari for a moment, who quickly began showing signs of visible discomfort, before saying, "We got Onbaran Ale and Syndra Whiskey. On a good day some Kimean Brandy, but before you even ask it ain't been a good day in a long time."

Ari, with crimson cheeks, nodded and whispered, "I'll try the whiskey then."

"Two Onbaran ale for me," Hamish added.

The barkeep's eyes then fell on Selene, who was about to respond when Argent said, "She's underage, so nothing harder than milk."

Selene huffed, feigning insult, "I wasn't going to ask for anything...like that."

Argent side-eyed her, a smile playing at his lips, "Of course not."

Once Argent had his back turned, Selene motioned to Hamish.

"Share with me?" she mouthed.

He put his hand to his chin as if considering it. Finally he gestures in response, "little bit."

While the drinks were getting made, the three found some seats at a table nearby while Argent waited at the bar.

The half orc came to their table a few minutes later, passing out the drinks to Hamish and Ari.