"I have [Divine Name]'s [Weapon], wouldn't [Pronoun] want this back?" Arter held up the weapon, his lips thinning into a line. "I can also offer my support. With my power and yours combined, we can bring down Ilvonia." Lumine only sharply exhaled through her nose. This god really was making her feel a bit prideful with how desperate he sounded. Who wouldn't want to feel superior over a god?

"Surely there's more that you want." Lumine inquired. She picked up her cup of tea, blowing on the surface to cool before sipping on it. She felt a small smile form on her face at the pleasant taste before going back to a stoic expression, placing the cup back down in front of her. "Why a sudden change of heart? I thought you love Ilvonia."

Arter felt felt his heart jump to his throat, "people change.." Lumine smirked. "I doubt people can change in a matter of days." Lumine felt a bit satisfied seeing a god hesitant, she never liked their kind after all.

"She's broken something we both had agreed on.. something that held more important to me than her." Arter took his cup into his hands, swirling the cup carefully and slowly. He felt a bit of shame. Lumine stared at him before sitting up and smiling.

"Whatever, I guess since we didn't have a rocky friendship I wouldn't mind you being with us." Lumine stood up, her arms stretching above her. Arter felt his lips form a smile in response. He didn't know whether to follow and stand as well, but he felt thankful that Lumine agreed.

"Thank you, Lumine." Arter says quietly.

Lumine waved him off, shooing him with her hand. "No need. Thank me later when we destroy that good for nothing goddess." She had a devious glint in her eyes as she smiled devilishly. "I can't want to beat that woman. That wench will get what she deserves." Lumine thought back to a certain brown haired girl.

Arter knows he won't regret his decision.

--

"You want to make a deal?" You wondered out loud. Zhongli frowned, his eyes narrowed in suspicion. The figure standing before them smiled.

Lumine.

"That's right," she held her hands out, displaying that she meant no harm. Although Lumine had planned out how this would go, she still felt a bit timid in front of the Astro God(dess). "Whenever you need help, the Abyss will stand beside you." Lumine felt her breath hitch when your violet eyes glared at her form. She felt her heart spike in anticipation. How is one god(dess) able to strike more fear into her?

"Why would the Abyss be willing to help?" You glowered. There was no reason why the enemy of Teyvat should help now. Especially with all the things they have done to many nations. Although they had left Sumeru alone, they still had some small activities near the nation.

Lumine felt her hands tremble a bit, "I lead the Abyss, whatever I say they will obey." She glanced at the silent Archon besides you. "If you agree to ally and use us, we will help in any way we can."

Zhongli finally spoke, his voice gruff. "The Abyss shouldn't be trusted," he crossed his arms in front of his chest, keeping up his glare at the outlander. "Why make such an offer?" He asks, his finger tapping impatiently.

"All I want is to protect my people," Lumine's gold eyes glanced at the burnt marks on the ground behind you. The remnants of your power sizzling around the darkened ground. "If you could bless my weapon, I will heed your call." She bit her lip as she looked back at you and Zhongli. You felt your eye twitch in annoyance.

"I don't understand," you slowly paced over towards Lumine. "Why come to me? You never showed yourself in front of Aether, so why to a God(dess)?" You focused on her clenched fists, knowing the girl is struggling. From what Aether had told you, he had only faced Lumine face-to-face once or twice. Those times she had left him behind like an owner abandoning their dog.

"I couldn't show myself to him!" Lumine huffed out, feeling her heart drop. "Ilvonia forbade I talked with him, she would've hurt him if I was with him." She glared at you, but you knew the angered look wasn't aimed towards you. You stopped in front of her, watching as Lumine looked down at her feet.

"To protect those I love, I will do anything. Even if it meant to kill." Lumine choked out. She knew. She knew that you wouldn't believe her or agree to allow her to join sides. Even if Lumine repented for what she's done, there was no chance of you agreeing to her offer.

Zhongli watched as you smirked, feeling a bit irked when your fingers held Lumine's chin and lifted her head to meet your gaze. "I accept your offer," you said. Lumine's eyes widened in shock. 

"[Name]?!" Zhongli semi-shouted in disbelief, his arms uncrossing. His amber hues also dilated. Have you lost your mind? There was no way you would believe Lumine.

"But I have a few conditions," you watched as Lumine slowly nod. "First, I can tell Aether about this meeting." Lumine frowned, fiddling with her fingers. She felt as if her heart would burst! If Aether were to find out, would he resent her for not wanting to see him? "Second," your [tone] voice brought her out of her thoughts. 

"You can't go back on your words. If I were to find out you have betrayed us," your eyes glowed a dangerous red, "I'll imprison you in the abyss void for a thousand years." Lumine felt her breath stuck in her throat. She stared [up] at you, "is that all..?" Lumine quietly asked.

"Mm." You hummed, smiling as you let go of her chin and back off. "That's all for now." 

You held out your hand, "let's get that weapon of yours blessed now, shall we?"

Zhongli can only sigh exasperating. How could you go around making random deals like this? Lumine could still be working for the enemy! The Liyue god could probably imagine the look on the Traveler's face when he hears the news of his sister.

 How could you go around making random deals like this? Lumine could still be working for the enemy! The Liyue god could probably imagine the look on the Traveler's face when he hears the news of his sister

.- --

──── ✩
published: 2023/02/05