11

im not changing that°୨୧°╭───━━━━ஓ๑❅๑ஓ━━━━───╮°୨୧°

°୨୧°╭───━━━━ஓ๑❅๑ஓ━━━━───╮°୨୧°

Demon, the meaning behind the Yaksha's name. Xiao doesn't know if this was supposed to be humorous. He heard it from the director of the Wangsheng Funeral after all, he did like listening in on her jokes.

Hu Tao has always been an outgoing person, her sense of humor is what keeps Xiao from being bored. Although, he did enjoy listening to melodies and stories from others as well.

The soft petals of the qingxin flower gently brushed against his gloved hands. The sweet scent of the Liyue flower wafted in the air as a breeze went by. Xiao closed his eyes, imagining the world that he thought felt like home with the other Yakshas.

If only they were here with him, maybe they would've all traveled the land as a group. Xiao sighed, thinking how they were now. Hu Tao always kept joking that if they had any unfinished business, she could always drag them to him. He doesn't really think that's a good idea, but he would like to see them again if he had the chance.

Would he have gone to the Lantern Rite every year with them if they were still here? Maybe, but he'll never know what it feels like celebrating the festival with others.

The times he did, well, he was dragged or brought to the harbor by some people. Xiao's eyes fluttered open, blinking for a bit to adjust to the light again. He felt empty, not knowing how to react when Aether had brought him near the city. Until he saw the lights, he was reminded of the time with Rex Lapis, the other Yakshas, the Adeptis, and the God(dess) who he admired.

Xiao didn't cry, or at least he can't. All those tears dried up centuries ago along with the disappearance and deaths of his old friends and allies. He felt insane for so many years, he lost count. He lets out a shaky breath, biting his lower lip that trembled.

Although he can't cry, he can at least feel a pang or something heavy in his chest every time he thought of his past. He can only look forward now.

 He can only look forward now