| 2.26 |

The wind rushing down between the houses on the street was rough enough to bite my cheeks a deep rosy red. My eyes automatically squinting together as my woolen gloves grabbed tighter around the trunk I was carrying.

A few steps ahead of me on the side walk Mary skipped along, swinging her and Jungwon's hands back and forth. Happily laughing and chatting with Jungwon, who was exuding the most patience I had seen in a long time. He wasn't even that patient with me, except when he got impatient with me he would just laugh it off and insist on us going to bed and get some sleep. His solution to whenever he was too overwhelmed to process anything; sleep and cuddles.

I had purposely offered to carry Mary's luggage, knowing she had been struggling a bit herself. Even though Jungwon initially had denied my offer, he had ended up giving in when Mary had begged and pleaded for the two of them to walk hand in hand down to the train station - of course Jungwon was unable to say no. He never could with Mary. I mean, who could say no to her?

At least besides her own dad.

Upon entering the train station I quietly followed along and trailed right behind Jungwon and Mary, all the way down towards the platform Jungwon claimed Mary's train was going to depart from. The whole way my eyes kept on wandering about, while always making sure to come back and check that I was still following Jungwon and Mary.

"They will like me, right Johnny?" Mary questioned as she turned her head to look up at Jungwon, once we finally stood still on the platform.

"They won't be able to do anything but like you," Jungwon assured and ruffled her hair, chuckling at the reaction she had given him, "who could possibly dislike you?"

"Well, sometimes dad isn't too happy with me," Mary admitted and I noticed how Jungwon's expression hardened for a second before a small sigh escaped him and he decided to answer on that.

"But you know what?" he questioned and Mary immediately shook her head, the pigtails Jungwon had put in her hair in the morning bouncing around on her head as she did so, "in about three hours you'll be in another city. There you'll be with a family that's gonna like you all the time. You'll get presents for not only Christmas but also your birthday... multiple gifts."

"And you'll visit, right?" Mary questioned.

"At least once a month," Jungwon nodded as a screeching noise came from my left.

Turning my head I watched as a train rolled onto the platform, stopping abruptly on the track in front of us. Jungwon had leaned down to whisper something to Mary, which had caused for her to immediately smile widely as she just nodded and turned to look at me.

"I can take my bag," Mary proudly spoke up and I only smiled as I handed it over to her, "and I'll see you for the wedding."

"Wedding?" I questioned as Mary rushed up onto the train with her trunk and ticket clutched tightly in her hands. The trunk looking a bit too big for her, but she still managed to pull it up onto the train.

"I just promised her she could be flower girl once I finally get the guts to ask you to marry me," Jungwon excused and shoved his hands into the pockets of his coat, "not now... soon, somewhere in the future. But not now. We're not ready for that step yet."

"No... we aren't," I agreed quietly as I looked towards the train, "not yet."

"But you'll say yes once I propose, right?" Jungwon questioned and turned to look at me - so packed up in coats and scarved that he had to turn almost his whole body to be able to get a proper look at me.

"Depends on how you behave," I shrugged before sending him a smug smile.

"Hey, hey, hey," he complained while I just let out a small laugh, "I've been on my best behavior!"

"I'm just teasing, you know that," I assured him, "of course I'll say yes... if Jake lets me."

"He will," Jungwon nodded, "I'll make sure of that."

I smiled softly before I noticed the train rolling off. Quickly I looked back up at it, trying to find Mary sitting in any of the windows. Yet, she was nowhere to be seen. Supposedly sitting on the other side of the train.

"We should go," Jungwon excused as he moved closer to me.

"You don't want to see it completely off?" I asked in surprise. Raising both my eyebrows as I turned to face him.

"I already said my goodbye," Jungwon shook his head, "and I've already seen a few people here I doubt you'll be excited to see."

"Who?" I frowned in confusion and he only shrugged, "who, Jungwon?"

"A certain blonde that wasn't too nice to you last time we saw her," Jungwon excused before smiling slightly, "and if we don't go soon I think I'll need a cig and I know how you feel about that."

"Jungwon it's your sister," I reminded him and he just nodded quietly.

"Come on, let's go," he urged and continued to softly push me towards the exit, as if he was almost eager to leave the train station.

Even though his persistence and constant reassurances I could sense that he really wanted to stay for longer. I don't know who he was so persistent, despite clearly not wanting to go yet. However, it had mostly collapsed for him during the night.

Just about midnight I had woken up yet again and noticed some tossing and turning beside me, a few heavy sighs every once in a while. Once I had reached out to touch Jungwon he had immediately turned in to me and curled up like a child missing their mother. I had laid awake for two hours after that hushing him and calming him down until he had eventually fallen asleep.