| 41 |

Jake was stuck to my side as we walked towards school, had it not been because we both swayed a bit while we walked I would've thought he had glued his blazer to mine. Both Sunghoon and Jay had insisted on walking with us this morning, much to Jake's confusion, but it seemed to be a quiet agreement that Jake shouldn't know.

"What are you doing after school?" Jake questioned as he turned his head to look down at me with a small smile as we turned the corner and started directly approaching the school yard.

"Do you have practice today?" I questioned slowly and he shook his head quietly, "when do you have practice?"

"First in the weekend," he waved it off, "now answer me, what are going to do after school?"

"Oh well... I was thinking maybe going to Jungwon's place to study," I admitted quietly and picked at the strap of my satchel, "if that was alright...?" I slowly trailed off and glanced back up at Jake.

"I'll tell mom and dad you're at Emiko's house. She's probably out with Riki anyways," Jake waved it off and I abruptly stopped walking, "what?" he chuckled as he turned to me in amusement.

"You're fine with me going to stay at Jungwon's place?" I questioned and he casually nodded, "really?" I exclaimed at him and he immediately nodded once again, "ugh Jake you're the best brother, I swear to god!" I exclaimed as I jumped at him and hugged him tightly.

"Hey, this doesn't mean I won't keep you up on your curfew, it's just payback for all the times you've had to lie for me," he chuckled and rubbed my back softly, "now... I enjoy this sibling moment but he is waiting at the school gates. I'm pretty sure he's waiting for you."

"He can wait," I excused and tightened my grip slightly before Jake eventually had to pry me off of him.

"Go to Jungwon... at least before he attacks Acaster once again," Jake chuckled and it all clicked.

He was only alright with me being by Jungwon, because Jake knew that Jungwon wouldn't have beat up Pete if it wasn't because he actually cared for me.

"Best brother," I reminded and he immediately nodded before I set into a run up to the school gates, straight towards the smirking boy who was leaning against the opening of the schoolgates.

"What was that about?" Jungwon chuckled and pointed back towards Jake.

"What's with talking to me at school, hm?" I hummed and raised both my eyebrows.

"Because I had to face that you were right," he admitted with a small laugh and I happily hummed at him as he reached over and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, guiding me through the schoolyard, "now... tell me. Why were you so happy back there?"

"Jake was alright with me going to study at your place after school... if you don't mind," I excused casually and somehow succeeded in ignoring the whispers around me.

"We'll sneak you in through the window," he nodded before eventually frowning, "your parents?"

"Jake will lie for me," I waved it off casually and Jungwon nodded slowly, "and it's not like we have to study, I just wanted him to-"

"I don't mind studying," Jungwon excused and I immediately looked up at him, "what? I don't mind. I might not study school but I do read books you know."

"I'm impressed," I admitted and he let out a small laugh at me.

"Oh and remind me I have another flower for you when we get to my house," he added on and I stopped walking and just looked at him with a smug smile, "don't look at me like that," he warned and reached to grab my hand, tugging me along, "I want to give you flowers so you shall get flowers."

"And... you haven't stolen them?" I questioned and he pursed his lips before shaking his head, "Jungwon?"

"No, no. You'll see," he waved off with a small excited smile as we entered the school and rushed towards our stairs, "take my jacket, alright?"

"What? Why?" I questioned in confusion after having sped up in front of him and up the stairs.

Jungwon didn't say a word as he reached over and casually tied the jacket around my waist as if it was the most natural thing ever. I just stared down at him in disbelief as I felt my cheeks flame up and he just smiled gently up at me.

"Isn't it about time you start wearing tights for the weather?" he questioned and I casually pulled out in my nude tights and he chuckled in embarrassment.

"Pervert," I mumbled and smacked his shoulder softly before continuing to run up the stairs with him hot on my heels.

"I am not a pervert! You were the one who imagined the words coming out of my mouth," he defended with a laugh as we reached up the stairs and almost down towards our classroom, "Sim Jiyeon!"

"Yang Jungwon!" I exclaimed in return as I whipped around and let out a laugh at him.

"Get over here!" he laughed and reached out for me as I continued my run down towards our classroom.

I quickly rushed into our classroom and ran down to my seat with a smile plastered onto my face. Emiko was already sitting in her seat looking at me weirdly as I hurriedly sat down in my seat and dropped y satchel on my table.

"What in the world-" Emiko started had it not been for Jungwon running into our classroom and right over to his seat, shoving me softly as I just let out a small laugh, "Alright, explain," Emiko excused as she turned in her seat and folded her hands, "what the hell has happened here? Explain."

"I don't know what you mean," I shook my head as I tried to surpress my smile.

"This! What is this?" Emiko exclaimed and gestured to Jungwon and I.

"I'm telling her," Jungwon chuckled as he adjusted how he was sitting while I just looked at him in shock, "it is the case... Emiko... that Yeon here and I are in fact dating."

"Since when?" Emiko almost screeched and I watched her in amusement as Jungwon slowly started smiling.

"Why... just shortly after you and Riki started," he excused with a small nod of his head.

"Yeon you never told me!" Emiko exclaimed and I just shrugged casually at her.

"Gotta keep secrets I guess," I murmured before eventually looking up at her with a small smile, "don't you think? I didn't know you and Riki were dating until some time had passed."

"Yeah but you two are... so... so different!" she defended and I slowly let my smile drop once again, "like... he smokes on the roof during the lunch breaks and you go to the library! He stays out drinking and smoking in town until early morning and you literally sleep from nine in the evening to six in the morning!"

"The differences doesn't really matter, do they?" Jungwon commented and I glanced over at him as he stared at Emiko in confusion, "isn't the feelings more important?"

"I mean.... yeah they are, but Yeon!" Emiko complained and I looked over at her, "don't you... you know... deserve.... better?" Emiko whispered and I frowned at her, "I mean... you know... faithfulness and such," she continued and I shook my head quietly before subtly moving closer to Jungwon.

Emiko only pursed her lips before just turning around in her seat and tapping her pen impatiently on her table.

"Why don't people like us together?" Jungwon quietly questioned and I let out a small sigh before shrugging and looking up at him, "if we like each other that's the most important, right?"

"Mhm, it is," I hummed quietly.

Whereas Jungwon seemed to accept that that was the end of the situation I kept on thinking about it all day throughout the lessons. I simply couldn't wrap my head around why we  had to keep hearing off how we don't fit together and how Tiffany would be much better with Jungwon and how I should date the librarians son or whatever. I still don't get why people dislike our relationship.